• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Assault & Sexual Misconduct in the CF

I take real offense to the Reg F augmentees have already committed some sort of offense.

I was sent at the last minute to cover a Reg Force position as a Res F soldier instead because the MCPL had decided to release before Camp Ipperwash start date. ( last year Ipperwash was operational)

I know the MCPL did not commit any crime against any child.

Cadet camps are a real eye opener and the staff positions are 24/7 position. Any one who goes to a camp to go hunting should be taken out of the camp very publicly and named. The cadets are there to have fun, learn skills not to be hunted by some piece of crap of a human.

Ipperwash was a stressful time, Native conflicts, and police conflicts. Some of the staff would do anything to protect their cadets because they are their kids for the summer. The parents trust them to look after and look out for their kids.

This soldier should be considered innocent till his day in court is over. But I do not feel he should be ever be allowed back near young people in any sort of leadership role.

He was involved with the Junior Rangers Program according to the article.

And he was arrested while working at Whitehorse cadet camp. That’s a busy camp; lots of kids there.
Did the crime have anything to do with either?

Every time a member of the miliary does anything regardless of what it is or having nothing to do with the military the press is quick to make the big splash of the military connection. Even if the person is working full time somewhere else and parading as a Class A reservist it will be the military connection pushed. How about finding out the facts and reporting the actual story instead of just the click-baiting, you know, real reporting? What's the chances that if today they were oops, our mistake, wrong guy the press would splash headlines of military man falsely accused? Tired of the BS from the press taking every chance it can to make the military look bad.

The arrest was done at the work site, the crime still has nothing to do with being military. They would have done the same if he was working at Walmart, Canadian Tire, etc.

Did the crime have anything to do with either?

Every time a member of the miliary does anything regardless of what it is or having nothing to do with the military the press is quick to make the big splash of the military connection. Even if the person is working full time somewhere else and parading as a Class A reservist it will be the military connection pushed. How about finding out the facts and reporting the actual story instead of just the click-baiting, you know, real reporting? What's the chances that if today they were oops, our mistake, wrong guy the press would splash headlines of military man falsely accused? Tired of the BS from the press taking every chance it can to make the military look bad.

The arrest was done at the work site, the crime still has nothing to do with being military. They would have done the same if he was working at Walmart, Canadian Tire, etc.
Looks like it is related to online activity.

You have a point but I think it has more to do with his employment working with youth. A teacher, scout leader, priest etc working with youth is going to have their employment highlighted given their proximity to potential victims even if their activities were non related to their employment.

Back