• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Shipyards to get $1.45-billion deal

While the command and control system was given to a new Canadian firm, it was in actual fact going to an old American firm that had set up a cdn operation in order to benefit from the contract.

Sperry / Litton come to mind

To get this back to Subs.

I was thinking again. I know I should stop doing that :)   

It seems that the undersea threat level in the Atlantic is going down while the threat level is increasing in the pacific from China and North Korea.  I say this after reading the article in the Mil current affairs forum talking about the Chinese building a new sub under the noses of US intelligences.  It also talked of China getting more Kilos from Russia.  Could we see a change in coasts of our sub community? Start with maintenance then "oh well we have you here now, might as well stay."  To bad they built the nice new trainer in Halifax.

:cdn:

Navy_Blue said:
To get this back to Subs.

I was thinking again. I know I should stop doing that :)   

It seems that the undersea threat level in the Atlantic is going down while the threat level is increasing in the pacific from China and North Korea.  I say this after reading the article in the Mil current affairs forum talking about the Chinese building a new sub under the noses of US intelligences.  It also talked of China getting more Kilos from Russia.  Could we see a change in coasts of our sub community? Start with maintenance then "oh well we have you here now, might as well stay."  To bad they build the nice new trainer in Halifax.

:cdn:

About Chinese buying subs from Russia, I read an article in Jane's (one of the December editions) about the Russians building new kinds of ships (both surface and subs) and the Chinese, among a few others, buying the new designs, which includes a new type of SSBN. It didn't give any details about the subs' capabilities, but it's safe to assume even new diesel boats would be better than the Kilos.

I do think we need to move our own subs to the Pacific side of things--the Americans are already in the process of doing that, so it's a good sign something's up.

I believe China is working on 14 new attack subs, with a plan to have a effective blue water navy in 10 years.

Back