• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Shirts...

211RadOp said:
:cough: Bull :cough:

Sorry, something got stuck in my throat.

You're probably just gagging on that piece of gum I shoved under your desk in Grade 10.  ;D

ArmyVern said:
Perfect!! After all, I am known for my acute shyness.

Wow, you sound just like Journeyman........................full of crap.  ;)

PMedMoe said:

Here I was thinking that you'd step in and back me up.  :-[ So much for that beer that I was going to buy you!  :p

Comparing me to JM ... we're not even close to being similar except for the fact that we both own chaps!!

ArmyVern said:
Here I was thinking that you'd step in and back me up.  :-[ So much for that beer that I was going to buy you!  :p

Comparing me to JM ... we're not even close to being similar except for the fact that we both own chaps!!

So where did you excatly want that mine field Vern?

>:D

;D

ArmyVern said:

Oh, you know I'd back you up.    :nod:
I was just comparing your comment to JM always saying he's shy, too.  So, see, you have something else in common with him now.    ;)

PMedMoe said:

Can't wait until the first TGIT when we are all in K'ton.

ArmyVern said:
Keep off my stool ... and I am NOT driving.  ;D

He's talking the Snr NCO's Mess, not the KBC.  But I'm with ya.  :cheers:

PMedMoe said:
He's talking the Snr NCO's Mess, not the KBC.  But I'm with ya.  :cheers:

Do they lack stools at the Snr NCO and Warrant Officers Mess in Kingston??

Wierd.  >:D

Well, there's not a whole lot of them, and we usually spend our time on the back patio.  But yes, there are stools.  None will be engraved with your name, though.  ;)

Did a search, came across this thread.

Does the reference cited back on page 1 also cover NCD shirts?  I have the same problem as the OP, once I get into a size that I can close around my neck to the top button, I'm swimming in the torso.  I blame my rugby days, too much time in the scrum.  :p

I wouldn't mind getting the shirts tailored, but I'm not sure if supply would be happy seeing as these would eventually make their way back to them and would be non-standard all of a sudden.  Alternatively, seeing as one would never wear a tie with the NCDs, is there ever an operational requirement where the very top button would have to be closed?  If not I could always go down a couple of shirt sizes.

Cheers.

boot12 said:

Does the reference cited back on page 1 also cover NCD shirts?  I have the same problem as the OP, once I get into a size that I can close around my neck to the top button, I'm swimming in the torso.  I blame my rugby days, too much time in the scrum.  :p

I wouldn't mind getting the shirts tailored, but I'm not sure if supply would be happy seeing as these would eventually make their way back to them and would be non-standard all of a sudden.  Alternatively, seeing as one would never wear a tie with the NCDs, is there ever an operational requirement where the very top button would have to be closed?  If not I could always go down a couple of shirt sizes.

Cheers.

That ref is from the Supply bible. It covers ALL clothing and footwear --- and those pers who can not be fitted into the standard peripheral sizes. Ergo it is applicable to you as well.

Yes there is an operational requirement to be able to button the collar.  When you go to "Action Dress," you need to cover yourself up as best you can.  If you're wearing a flash hood or your NCD jacket it's not a big deal, but if these items aren't handy, your shirt is all you've got, so you'll need to button it up.  If your only issue is that you're swimming in a shirt with a large enough collar, the base tailor should be able to taper it to fit you better.  I wouldn't worry about the shirt no longer being standard.  By the time you're done with it, it will probably only be a rag anyway (and not a very good one at that) and need to be replaced. 

I had the same problem in my younger years (I was a prop); however, don't worry, you'll outgrow it! ;D

boot12 said:

Cheers.

Have you tried the "new" NCD shirts? They have the fitted or tapered back.

Back