• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Short Days

sidemount said:
Heaven forbid the military uses programs that can interact with each other.

They do.  One is the authoritative data source.  The other reports on that data.  Not hard to grasp.

I think closer to the point is, as DAA said - reckoning time for short is 2 days per month (which can be taken in half day increments) in ONE calender month. Sometimes a leave pass will span 2 calendar months. I have done many leave passes in MM with 4 short days taken between July and August and Dec and Jan. In fact, if you try to take short over the 2 day entitlement in MM in the one month, it will not allow you to proceed with the leave pass.

DAA said:
You must have some pretty "dedicated" clerical staff, who can see the light in supporting Unit Ops.  Hard to find those kind of people these days.    ;)

Must be that. They definitely pulled a few all-nighters and slept in the stand-easy so that a handful of grunts could deploy short-notice on Op PROVISION and spend a month or two in some fancy foreign hotels. :nod:

ballz said:
Clerks have been managing to enter one Christmas leave pass with 3-4 shor days into HRMS at 2 RCR now for at least the past 4x Christmas's. Whether that's because HRMS is letting them enter it as is, or whether they are doing some computer trickery (entering it as 2 leave passes) is unknown to me.

Oh just you wait, "Guardian" is the CAF's upcoming gongshow ;D

No trickery needed - you just ignore the warning that pops up letting you know you have entered more than 2 days.  Christmass leave passes are already enough of a pain taking 3 entries without adding another entry. There are however some clerks that still insist that 2 leave passes are needed and will enter them seperately.  Waste of time.

Although it is correct that in general we do leave passes indicating the From and To dates covering the entire period if you look at the pass itself you can see that it is set up for you to enter the from and to dates for each leave type.  Prior to MM when I did my leave pass on computer or typewriter I did exactly that for my Christmas Leave passes to show 2 days short in Dec and 2 days short in Jan.  Made it a lot easier to win the argument with the clerks that couldn't see pass the number 2.

Back