• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Short-Notice Edmonton Greet - 25 Oct 2006

Been a while since I was there, but the Kingsway Ramada is the old "Edmonton Inn", no?  Right beside the Municipal airport and just across the street from the Chateau Louis.  Last time I was there--about four years ago--there was a nice open lounge in the atrium: lots of space and soft seating.

Will definitely try and make it: I've been wanting to meet a few of the board's Edmonton based denizens.

Signalman150 said:
Will definitely try and make it: I've been wanting to meet a few of the board's Edmonton based denizens.

Sweet. Any more jimmies, and we can make it a Sigs Pigs night!

Yeah, Sig_Des: I like that idea just fine. 

Just keep in mind...I've been out since '93 (res).  The first radio I learned on was a C42, and they were still using RT-524s when I left.  And to make matters worse....I can explain in excruciating detail how to use a Model 15 teletype with paper-tape feed.  Oh my: time for my Geritol.

Signalman150 said:
Yeah, Sig_Des: I like that idea just fine. 

Just keep in mind...I've been out since '93 (res).  The first radio I learned on was a C42, and they were still using RT-524s when I left.  And to make matters worse....I can explain in excruciating detail how to use a Model 15 teletype with paper-tape feed.  Oh my: time for my Geritol.

Well, if we want to confuse anyone, I can always excruciatingly describe TCCCS to you  :P

Signalman150 said:
.I can explain in excruciating detail how to use a Model 15 teletype with paper-tape feed. 
Sig_Des said:
I can always excruciatingly describe TCCCS to you
definitely not coming!

1800 is a bit early to get across town. I'll either have to be in uniform, or late. One or the other. If 9r is coming, it'll be late so I can change.

paracowboy said:
definitely not coming!

1800 is a bit early to get across town. I'll either have to be in uniform, or late. One or the other. If 9r is coming, it'll be late so I can change.

If I promise to not talk TCCCS?

If you do show, anytime is good Para... 1800 is just initial RV and possibly dinner, I guess. After that, anywhere is good.

Besides, we have to finish that pissing contest we started way back when...  ;)

m'dear, darlin' li'l wife is interested so, I'll be stopping by to change. Figure I'm out of the office by 1700...home...1730...cross city...in rush-hour traffic...1830-1900-ish.

paracowboy said:
m'dear, darlin' li'l wife is interested so, I'll be stopping by to change. Figure I'm out of the office by 1700...home...1730...cross city...in rush-hour traffic...1830-1900-ish.

Whoohoo, this meet just got better. Para's wife rocks!

Ok, I'm in. I might bring the husband though haha. He's an infantry type so put on your helmets for the war stories. I'll probably be late though, cause i get off work at 5 and have to get ready. Probably be there 6:30ish.

there is esmereldas right in the lower floor of the ramada, and the jefferson armories Jr Ranks is right near. also its a parade night.

Ezzies won't be open on a wed night and if it is, it will be terribly dead. But there is that sports bar there. Plus it's wings night at Jox, which is near the base. Mmmmmmmmm wings.

I have a dinner engagement, but may be able to convivnce the DD (ie PPCLI Gal who will come and pick me up) that swinging by there is a good idea...how late might this shindig be going?

wish i could join you guys but this is too short notice.....unlike last time

PPCLI Guy said:
I have a dinner engagement, but may be able to convivnce the DD (ie PPCLI Gal who will come and pick me up) that swinging by there is a good idea...how late might this shindig be going?

As late as need be, I'd say. I'll just sleep on the plane over

Well, I'm off to the airport...I'll see whoever's there at the meet...Can't miss me...I'm the goofy-looking guy with blue flame tats on his left arm

Just bumping this up for anyone interested, who may not have seen this yesterday.

camochick said:
Ezzies won't be open on a wed night and if it is, it will be terribly dead. But there is that sports bar there. Plus it's wings night at Jox, which is near the base. Mmmmmmmmm wings.

BOOOOurns...I want wings Camo.  Tell your hubby to grab me some and drop em off at the JR Ranks house or else I'm not helping ya move this weekend. ;)

Unfortunately, I must dine with the Irish-equivalent of our CDS tonight as the stand-in for CO 3VP.  I'll swing by the sports bar at the Kingsway Ramada on my way home to St Albert if time permits.  If we don't manage to connect, I hope you have a good time in Edmonton enroute to Wx.

We're going to the ramada MJP. So no wings hehe. Ummm well we are going to the base to watch the husband play hockey ( well try and play hockey) so perhaps we could haha, if we knew where the heck the Jr ranks house was hehehe.

Well, I just got to the hotel,  and I'm starving so soon to "Lockers"!

I'm heading down...I'll be at the bar, most likely

Back