• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sick...

TimBit

Inactive
Reaction score
I thought some of you might enjoy this particularly sick tale:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/03/18/hospital-robbery.html

Security officials at Toronto East General Hospital say they are "disgusted" after a dying patient was robbed of her valuables.

Police are looking for two suspects, who appear to have roamed the floors and through the rooms of some of the sickest patients, helping themselves to their belongings.

The men, whose images were captured by security cameras, searched through rooms in the palliative care unit on Tuesday evening.

The woman robbed was in her 70s and lying unconscious in her bed, police said.

"The family members were in her room," said police Const. Tony Vella. "They walk out of her room — just for a matter of minutes — the two men walk into her room and take her jewelry [valued at] approximately $7,000."

Just a few hours later the woman died.

Officials at East General Hospital expressed outrage.

"When you take a look at it, we're dealing with, guys that are, in my opinion, predators," said Rocky Prosser, head of security at East General. "They're preying on the sick, the dying and the elderly, and this is a despicable act."

Police said the woman had kept her jewelry with her because her home had been robbed and she was concerned for the safety of her valuables.

The hospital said it will review security, but Prosser said there are more than 200 security cameras inside the facility and he feels it is safe.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/03/18/hospital-robbery.html#ixzz0iYoJQD55

Now, is it me, or some people deserve a serious kick in the ass? I can think of one or two MWO's who could teach some manners to those punks...

Brutal, but instead of a kick in the ###, we should look up north for a giant iceberg, place all them on it, and fire a can of spam over once in awhile and let them fight it out. Done and done!

Jewel theft at hospital leads to 237 charges against pair
Article Link

Most hospital thieves just nab a watch, slip $20 out of a wallet or shoplift a paperback from the gift shop.

But a pair of them hit the jackpot 10 days ago when they found two tins and a purse stuffed with $7,000 worth of jewellery at the bedside of Edna Davis.

Little did they know, the brazen theft was a land mine. The robbery, carried out less than an hour before the 83-year-old's death in the palliative care unit, was the catalyst for a joint investigation among three regions that yesterday resulted in a total of 237 charges against two men arrested in connection with the crime at East York General Hospital.

Police say two men swept through about eight hospitals in the GTA over the course of six weeks, targeting palliative-care and maternity units and robbing patients of their valuables.

Police laid 237 charges against Marcos Marinoni, 26, and Isaac Lewkowicz, 29, charges that range from possession of credit cards and property attained by crime to theft and conspiracy.Mr. Lewkowicz also faces drug-possession charges, break and enter and failure to comply with a probation order.

More at link

Good.  I hope they get the full sentence on every one of those charges.

Back