• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Simon Logan v. Her Majesty The Queen

Reg force, would have only been collecting PLD (i guess, but I don't remember getting PLD in Halifax,) because I got posted to the JPSU.
I was released in 2015, I am still on SISIP. I am probably one of the least complicated payouts, I haven't received anything while I guess others have. but there is a lot of different information coming from a lot of places.
I do know for myself for a fact as Reg Force I was collecting PLD from 2004-2009 (Halifax) then while on IR from Halifax from 2009-2011 so I'm guessing I should receive something. That's like 7 years in total of collecting PLD (Halifax).

I do know for myself for a fact as Reg Force I was collecting PLD from 2004-2009 (Halifax) then while on IR from Halifax from 2009-2011 so I'm guessing I should receive something. That's like 7 years in total of collecting PLD (Halifax).

The question is not "did you ever receive an allowance" but rather " what allowances were you in receipt of on your day of release"?

Ooof, this whole 50% , 70% of class member's payments just seems like a convenient way to pay nobody. Has ANYONE received payment, or even communication stating what their payment could look like? Are we getting interest for the delay? If I'm getting an allowance that should have been paid to me 10 years ago, I should get at least 50% interest added to that.

Ooof, this whole 50% , 70% of class member's payments just seems like a convenient way to pay nobody. Has ANYONE received payment, or even communication stating what their payment could look like? Are we getting interest for the delay? If I'm getting an allowance that should have been paid to me 10 years ago, I should get at least 50% interest added to that.
Yes, a lot more people are getting paid. If your someone that is still on sisip LTD beyond the 2 year mark then expect to be more towards the end of the line. They started paying all the members that only did 2 years or were age 65 and over first which is a lot of people. From my guess it looks like they are just finishing those people up and are now coming back around to those still on SISIP. The deadline is June 2025 so there is still a lot of time left for payments. Just remember each month that goes by is another month owed to you if still on SISIP.

If you want to argue interest you would have to ask the lawyers that. You are able to estimate your payment if you know the amount of the allowance you were receiving times that by the amount of months you are on SISIP for only going back to 2012 if you happen to be out before then. Then take off 30% for taxes and another 16.5% for lawyer fees. Now you can try to figure out the annual increase for inflation for each year to if you want to be a lot more accurate. It should give a rough idea of what to expect.

Back