• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Site Upgrade: Please report problems

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
All,

I just completed a fairly large site upgrade. If you notice any problems or oddities, please let me know.

Thanks!
Mike

That might explain why I was getting the website timed out message about half an hour ago.

Thanks guys... I'll need to reboot the server at least once more in about 20-30 minutes, so don't write any rambling posts. :)

Yeah while I was reading an article before, the website shorted out and it wouldn't let me leave that page. It's ok now

Hi Mike,

It went down in Guelph for about 15 minutes. Okay now ... as you can see.

leroi

Mike,

When I first logged on this morning a windows message box came up asking me if I trusted the site certificate. So I clicked check certificate it showed that the site certificate for milnet.ca was issued by army.ca etc etc... so I click OK that was fine with me, a popup then came up and tried to download something but as I am on my work laptop and it has a lot of extra security stuff it was immediately blocked. Hasn't happened since and maybe it was just this machine.

Hmmm, highly suspicious that... It happened before the upgrade so it's not related. In fact it sounds like the system you were using might have some malware on it, trying to trick you into running bogus software. I'd treat any dialog like that with extreme skepticism.

I never had any warning msgs from this site so I'm with Mike on this check your system for spyware/malware/etc.

It being a work computer I am very limited in what I can do. It has McAfee OAS enbaled so I attempted to access the log of pop-ups blocked however, it wouldn't even let me see that.

Guess I should stick to doing work on the work laptop!Ā  ;)

Pilon said:
Mike,

When I first logged on this morning a windows message box came up asking me if I trusted the site certificate. So I clicked check certificate it showed that the site certificate for milnet.ca was issued by army.ca etc etc... so I click OK that was fine with me, a popup then came up and tried to download something but as I am on my work laptop and it has a lot of extra security stuff it was immediately blocked. Hasn't happened since and maybe it was just this machine.

As you are running McAfee, could it have beenĀ  the McAfee Site Advisor and then a popup to their Products Site?

OK, second reboot is now complete... everything "should" be working, but please let me know if you see something that isn't.

Thanks
Mike

umm... didn't we used to have a banner that would state that the server would reset in X amount of time?

NFLD Sapper said:
umm... didn't we used to have a banner that would state that the server would reset in X amount of time?
I don't recall it....

Yep... that's when I was patient enough to plan ahead and post the banner. :)

Mike Bobbitt said:
Yep... that's when I was patient enough to plan ahead and post the banner. :)

wha.gif

You mean this was "unplanned"?

George Wallace said:
As you are running McAfee, could it have beenĀ  the McAfee Site Advisor and then a popup to their Products Site?

McAfee is being run. Could be what you mentioned... I never get to see the actual pop-up only a yellow bar at the top of the window informing me one was blocked.

Back