• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Snowbird plane crashes at Montana air show (May 18, 2007)

ONE MORE ROLL

We toast our hearty comrades who have fallen from the skies, and were gently caught by God's own hand to be with him on High.

To dwell among the soaring clouds they've known so well before. From victory roll to tail chase, at heaven's very door.

As we fly among them there, we're sure to head their plea. To take care my friend, watch your six, and do one more roll for me.

— Commander Jerry Coffee, Hanoi, 1968

First the Angels, now the Snowbirds.  This has not been a good year for the aerobatic squadrons.  RIP and Respect to both  :salute:

Depest sympathy to family and friends of the good Captain

At the going down of the sun
and in the morn
We will remember them!

CHIMO!

We all greive the passing of any of those who serve. 
"On silver wings...and slip the surly bonds of earth."
R.I.P.  Shawn
:cdn:

RIP...you did us all proud. I don't think there is a single person in this country who isn't extremely proud of this squadron...a national symbol...we are poorer for this loss. God rest your soul.  :salute:

CDN Aviator said:
I flew with them on a practice 3 weeks ago, this kinda hits home

:salute:  :cdn:

I was very sorry to hear about the tragedy, "sigh" CDN Aviator... that would definately hit home for you, being that you flew on the practice. My deepest condolences, to the families  :salute:

~Rebecca

Well, I knew him and I had talked to him in the morning, before their practice in Moose Jaw.  When I walked back from my flight, we waved at each other while he was taxiing back to the Belle Plaine ramp.  This is indeed very sad...

Have a great last flight...

Max

My deepest thoughts and prayers are with family of Captain McCaughey, as they make sense of this horrid accident. He passed doing what he loved, if that brings any comfort.    Thanks from all of us, your country grieves with you.  :cdn:

http://www.malmstrom.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123053951

5/19/2007 - MALMSTROM AIR FORCE BASE, Mont. -- Col. Sandra Finan, 341st Space Wing Commander:
"I'm Colonel Sandy Finan, Commander of the 341st Space Wing here at Malmstrom Air Force Base, Montana. I would like to express my sincere condolences to the Canadian Forces Snowbirds team, their families and all Canadian Forces service members. We are brothers and sisters in arms, and today's tragic loss is felt deeply across our nation's services. Major Robert Mitchell will provide you more information in a moment, but I would like to say our thoughts and prayers are with the team, and our resources are at their disposal.

RIP, may your wings spread wide and carry you above the clouds forever.
Feet :cdn:

For those interested, a CBC clip...

http://www.cbc.ca/mrl3/14635/thenational/thenational.wmv

It starts at 3:55

Max

Back