• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So I'm a Fool.....Really Pre-Medical Injury

IntlBr

Inactive
Reaction score
Had my interview last week for my CT via ROTP - everything is going tickety-boo.

At the end of the interview, the Captain told me to stay healthy for the next little while before up-dating my medical (this coming monday).  I promised him I'd be fighting-fit when I arrived for the medical.

Last night, I broke my finger playing hockey (but I still scored, and we won!), and I'm just having a bit of anxiety due to the importance of this up-coming medical and my application.  I got the emergency doctor to write me a note, and she explains in it how minor the break is (good as new in 3-4 weeks).

I know they will ask about broken bones in the medical, as I've taken it before - so I'm not looking for the typical newbie question of "what will they say?"

I'm looking for someone with experience (personal or second hand) relating to broken bones and service.  Anyone broken a bone on the job and had to see the vet?  Was it a big deal?

Thanks everyone, and please excuse me if this appears choppy or if there are typos - its not easy!

I'll relate my story.

In 2000 I did a real number on my ankle/leg.  I slipped off a curb, fell out of my very cute looking sandal, which resulted in a dislocated ankle and a shattered fibula.  A plate, 5 screws, and 6 weeks in a cast fixed me right up.  I was a Class A reservist at the time.  To claim EI for sick time (complicate situation with my civi job, details not required for this story) I required an ROE from the Reserves, which required a Sick chit saying 6 weeks sick leave.  I had been treated by the civi system of course, so I went to the MIR, the doc looked at my cast, and my swollen belly (I was 7 months pregnant at the time to make things really fun!) and confirmed that I shouldn't be working.  Hence, injury was then on my military medical file.

Fast forward to 2005 and I decided to do a CT.  The only thing on my file related to my injury is the sick chit.  No physio records, no post-op reports, no Xrays, etc etc.  I had huge worries about that, but bashed forward with my medical.  The PO at the CFRC asked a few questions about what I can/cannot do (no limitations, aches a bit sometimes, but not serious), then manipulated my ankle for about 2 minutes.  Looked at the scars, palpated the plate, commented at how well it seemed to have healed, and signed off on the medical.  No concerns.

Now yours is more recent, but hopefully it will go well for you.  Good luck! 

PS - If your story qualifies for "So I'm a Fool..." as the title, not sure what mine should say...But I can laugh at myself now at least.

Back