• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"So You Want To Be A Pilot" Merged Thread 2002 - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot for the info guys, and for the offer to help out. Appreciate it. Cheers.

An important update, for those interested. The recruiting centre wouldn't comment on any changes earlier. But I got in touch with the Toronto recruiter again today and here's the latest on pilot selection:

- Looks like it's official. The new selection system is in place. The recruiter did not provide details on it, but there is an applicant from the 'Application Process Samples' thread who was loaded on July 15 Aircrew Selection who was told that it will take less days than before and simulator testing will not be part of it.

- The year-long wait upon failure of Aircrew Selection is still on. For example, if you were unsuccessful in Aircrew Selection in January 2013, you cannot submit a new application until January 2014.

- Upgrading to a pilot license is no longer required.

- Applicants will not be thrown into testing without some preparation. I am assuming this means there will be study guide available at some point.

Curious about the new testing methods. If anyone is going to or coming back from Trenton, please feel free to share anything you are allowed to share. Thanks very much.

And to finish with a disclaimer: This info is the result of my personal research. Please check with your recruiter for official information.

Gunshark said:
An important update, for those interested. The recruiting centre wouldn't comment on any changes earlier. But I got in touch with the Toronto recruiter again today and here's the latest on pilot selection:

- Looks like it's official. The new selection system is in place. The recruiter did not provide details on it, but there is an applicant from the 'Application Process Samples' thread who was loaded on July 15 Aircrew Selection who was told that it will take less days than before and simulator testing will not be part of it.

- The year-long wait upon failure of Aircrew Selection is still on. For example, if you were unsuccessful in Aircrew Selection in January 2013, you cannot submit a new application until January 2014.

- Upgrading to a pilot license is no longer required.

- Applicants will not be thrown into testing without some preparation. I am assuming this means there will be study guide available at some point.

Curious about the new testing methods. If anyone is going to or coming back from Trenton, please feel free to share anything you are allowed to share. Thanks very much.

And to finish with a disclaimer: This info is the result of my personal research. Please check with your recruiter for official information.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

The following public page has been brought to my attention: http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/8w-8e/cfasc-cspnfc/index-eng.asp

It appears the aircrew selection testing has changed. The links at the bottom of the page reflect the changes. Note that CAPSS is no longer part of the testing.

Gunshark said:
The following public page has been brought to my attention: http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/8w-8e/cfasc-cspnfc/index-eng.asp

It appears the aircrew selection testing has changed. The links at the bottom of the page reflect the changes. Note that CAPSS is no longer part of the testing.

Wow, thanks a lot! It is the "CFASC Candidate Guide" that must have been updated because other documents mention CAPSS.

Seems some of the free tests on this site http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/site/mypage/id/pilot-aptitude-test.html might  be helpful.

Wow, thanks a lot! It is the "CFASC Candidate Guide" that must have been updated because other documents mention CAPSS.

Yes, that's the one that's new.

Seems some of the free tests on this site http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/site/mypage/id/pilot-aptitude-test.html might  be helpful.

Thanks. Couldn't hurt.

Just wondering if any CEOTP-Pilot applicants out there have received offers from the July 4th selection date? Also any information with regards to intake numbers would be much appreciated.

Char546 said:
Just wondering if any CEOTP-Pilot applicants out there have received offers from the July 4th selection date? Also any information with regards to intake numbers would be much appreciated.

I went in for my medical, CFAT, and interview on the 2nd. My interviewer told me it would be tight if they could get my file to the people doing the selection. But he said they are also selecting people at the end of the month. My reference got a call the other day so I don't know who initiates that, the local recruiting centre or someone higher up.

If you got an offer I guess it would be conditional on passing ASC, any idea when you'll be going? Which recruitng centre are you dealing with and did they give any indication of how many people they need this year? In any case best of luck, I hope it works out for you.

I am dealing with the Halifax recruiting centre. I wasn't told about the amount of people they are looking for but on this forum I heard 20 people minimum for CEOTP to a max of 40. With the amount of people who will fail ACS and PFT they can easily accept 40 to 100 people. Thanks a lot, good luck to you too!

There is NO such thing as a conditional offer if you have not completed ASC or do not have an Air Factor assigned.  You must complete the FULL processing, prior to being merit listed.

MikeD said:
I am dealing with the Halifax recruiting centre. I wasn't told about the amount of people they are looking for but on this forum I heard 20 people minimum for CEOTP to a max of 40. With the amount of people who will fail ACS and PFT they can easily accept 40 to 100 people. Thanks a lot, good luck to you too!

They have already factored in people failing PFT into the recruiting numbers. Don't artificially inflate numbers for people especially if they're based on rumour and completely outside your lane.

If they need 20 people in the program minimum they will need to accept at least 40 people to move onto ACS. I already mentioned that I heard these things in this forum. Maybe you should call out those people?

Just because you pass ACS doesn't mean you get a position. Numbers for ACS are irrelevant into the number of positions for Pilot/etc. If we had the money, we could do 5,000 ACS runs every year, and still only have 35 positions available.

When I went to Trenton we had three CEOTP applicants in our group. On a side note, seeing how CAPSS is no longer in use, can a pilot applicant who passed aircrew selection before the reform be compared to applicants going through the process now? I was told the bulk of your assement score depends on CAPSS so how could pilot candidates be acurately compared if they went through a different testing process?

Just took the new test at Trenton today. Our group was the second to have done the new test. Prepare for the mentally toughest test of your life! That's what we all felt and promptly went to the officers mess for a drink! Just a warning, it's pretty brutal but it's designed that way on purpose to push you beyond your limit. Some of it was fun though!

Chowhar said:
Just took the new test at Trenton today. Our group was the second to have done the new test. Prepare for the mentally toughest test of your life! That's what we all felt and promptly went to the officers mess for a drink! Just a warning, it's pretty brutal but it's designed that way on purpose to push you beyond your limit. Some of it was fun though!

Thanks for the post. How did the group do? How long was it?

It's a full day, 7am until about 6pm. The actual computer time was around 6 hours and there's a break after each hour or so and lunch. You can download the study guide with all the tests and all the tests are listed. Shortest about 2 mins up to about 30 mins. Your brain is working overtime throughout.

First batch was 32% pass, only 2 passed. We all thought we failed but surprisingly 6 of 8 made it. But they will be testing twice a week so many more can be tested and those with highest scores get selected first. The system is actually from the UK. I'm so drained after it but anyone who's done it should feel proud to have survived it!

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. So I guess every single test from the study guide was administered eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back