• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Some of the bought & paid for media

The CBC is the state broadcaster. Of course it’s funded by the govt.

I’d be shocked if it was anything but.
I'm curious what you're getting at with this post. I clearly indicated that I support the idea of a state funded news organization, with a mandate to provide news in underserved/unserved locations.

The point of my post you're quoting is that the CBC is clearly state funded, while other news organizations are controlled/influenced through their parents corporations, which are subsidized through the government... Making the state subsidization/influence less clear.

i.e. The GoC supporting CBC is good, and it's a clear linkage between the state and the news. The GoC supporting BCE, Rogers, etc., is not good, because it makes the connection between the state and the news less clear.

Like I said, if the RCN is worried that a canape will influence a LCdr to favour LM, the Canadian public should be concerned that $40M CAD will influence BCE/Bell Media/CTV News.

Back