• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sooo When do I get to Jump out of a perfectly good Airplane!

Hey Vigilant,

I am not spreading wrong info, and I do know what I am talking about. I think this has just been a misunderstanding, and I hope that my point has been properly communicated.

What you intend and what you have said are two different things.  You made statements regarding the current acquirement of a jump course within the reserves, and alluded that it was impossible unless you were a cpl and above. You then countered my post that the only reason 48ht have their course was that they were qualified as cadets.

Hey, I am here to put in my info, as you are, but do not question me and then try to change your intent.

Sorry to sound a little bit spicy, but I did serve and command  in a unit that had jump qualified troops, in my platoon even.

Regards

dileas

tess

Vigilant said:
Doubt any PRes Pte. would get on it unless you're QL 3 and with the Queen's Own.

Mostly Cpls and above, probably those with PLQ.

I still doubt that a Reservist Private would get on a jump course, but I would be happy if we had that many spots to give away.

In my previous post I've clarified my position. I accept that I should've been more clear and shall strive to improve on that in the future. But my intent has not changed and I'm not trying to weasel out of it as you seem to be insinuating.

I respect the 48th, I respect jumpers regardless of whether they got their wings through cadets, and I think we respect each other enough to drop it.

Of course I respect you,

but I will not stand by someone passing along misinformation based on heresy.

dileas

tess

I personally know of three people in the early nineties from a reserve unit in Edmonton that simply showed up for the pre course pt test, passed it and then called their unit to say they needed a claim to attend the course. All three were corporals and all three got the basic para course because in each case there were enough people that failed the pt test that there were positions available to them.

Not saying this is encouraged in any way but "where there's a will, theres a way". Had they all been privates, obviously it would not have made a difference since it was done via "back door" anyway

I think though that these days, this back door method would end up in a charge instead of a claim being granted.

Sivad said:
Hey guys I've just be sworn in about a month ago, and join my local Reservist armoury in September, and hopefully get some BMQ time come fall!   my question is When do we get to jump out of a airplane?   I'm joining Infantry?

Thanks

Right away if you don't want a parachute.... just kidding....

but on a more practical note....

a, there are NO perfect airplanes

b, always remember should your main chute fail to open you will have your entire remaining skydiving career to deploy your reserve chute

One more thing to think about.  When you jump out the door, you can change your mind all you want.  But eventually you are going to hit the ground.

My personal guarantee is that once you step out that door.  Gravity will take care of the rest. ;D :cdn:

"You only get one shot at the door?  darn that's one heck of a motivation factor."

If you refuse to jump at any time, youre off the course and sent home.
Im not sure how many practice jumps there are, but I would assume alot more than one.

SHELLDRAKE!! said:
I personally know of three people in the early nineties from a reserve unit in Edmonton that simply showed up for the pre course pt test, passed it and then called their unit to say they needed a claim to attend the course. All three were corporals and all three got the basic para course because in each case there were enough people that failed the pt test that there were positions available to them.

Not saying this is encouraged in any way but "where there's a will, theres a way". Had they all been privates, obviously it would not have made a difference since it was done via "back door" anyway

I think though that these days, this back door method would end up in a charge instead of a claim being granted.

I know something similar happens with the US MFP course. Except that in this case it is an Official standby list, and there are a bunch of guys waiting and hoping that a just a few people don't show up so that they can get slotted in. Does something like this happen here? Is there an official standby list, for MFP and/or Basic Para?

Vigilant said:
I still doubt that a Reservist Private would get on a jump course, but I would be happy if we had that many spots to give away.

You are talking out your arse. Why don't you admit you don't know what your talking about and move on? Did you not read my last post?

Caesar said:
In the last few years, we have had around 5 or 6 guys go on the course, of those 2 or 3 of them were privates at the time.

Lots of Privates get the course. I know of 4 from my unit alone.

Vigilant said:
Most likely the position will go to someone who has been in for several years and taken more courses. They will most likely be a Cpl, and demonstrated commitment to the CF and the Unit through time served. They have most likely have been identified for their future potential and leadership for younger troops.

Bullshit. You claim not to be challenging those that know more than you, and then post this pure, unadulterated bullshiit. If you want to call me a liar, come out and say it - don't blow sunshine up my arse and tell me it's windy. Leadership potential has NOTHING to do with the selection process.

Vigilant said:
The jump course has become like a reward to those who are keen and do well. This is due to the limited number of spots available.

Reward course? Where did you dig this gem up? More poop.

Vigilant said:
I am not spreading wrong info

Yes you are. About the only thing you got right about the course was, er, um, ahh...nothing.

Vigilant said:
and I do know what I am talking about

No you don't. You don't even know enough to know when you are wrong.

Vigilant said:
I think this has just been a misunderstanding, and I hope that my point has been properly communicated.

I understand you completely. You started slinging dung like a drunken monkey, got caught, and are now backpedalling and trying to save some semblance of credibility on this topic.

Ceaser, thanks for that. Not only did we get a nice kick of blunt intelligence, but i got a good chuckle out of its presentation.  ;D

Thanks Guys for the info.....

One thing about this board is everyone thinks there right, which makes me think that there is alot of idiots or the army is doing a poor job in giving out info.  Or maybe the info from one unit to another is quite diffrent.

But to put this topic to rest I will Jump out of a not very good airplane and well tell you how I was accepted.  Nothing will stand in my way.

Sivad said:
One thing about this board is everyone thinks there right, which makes me think that there is alot of idiots or the army is doing a poor job in giving out info.  

I like this guy. ;D

"One thing about this board is everyone thinks there right, which makes me think that there is alot of idiots or the army is doing a poor job in giving out info.   Or maybe the info from one unit to another is quite diffrent."

Very true. Well put. Especially the first sentence

Quote,
One thing about this board is everyone thinks there right,

...gee, welcome to the real world......

Back