• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Space Operations Course

dimsum

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
Has anyone done the Space Ops Course (formerly Advanced Space Ops Course) lately?  The course blurb on the msg and at the school states this:

"THIS CRSE IS DESIGNED TO PREPARE CF PERSONNEL WITH LIMITED OR NO
SPACE EDUCATION FOR EMPLOYMENT IN SPACE-RELATED CF POSITIONS IN
CANADA AND ABROAD."

My question is - once successfully completed, do you end up on a short list for, or shifted to, a Space position?  Or is it simply that all Space positions require this course?  A posting to southern California looks awesome; North Dakota, less so.  :-\

Hey, I would like to learn more about this Space Ops Course. I work in the space industry, and have recently applied to the reserves. Is there any information anyone could share?

"BSOC is a Distance Learning course for CAF Officer and NCM’s professional development. BSOC is also a prerequisite for the Space Operations Course (SOC) which is a requirement for members entering into a space position abroad or within Canada."

The BSOC (Basic Space Operations Course) is available only to serving members (access to the Defence Learning Network is required) with a priority for certain trades.  Once you are in, and thru BMQ at the very least, you might be able to get some more info.  I did the course earlier this year but, I can't pass on much info to other that what I've said about "pass BMQ, and then ask some questions about it".

My question is - once successfully completed, do you end up on a short list for, or shifted to, a Space position?  Or is it simply that all Space positions require this course?  A posting to southern California looks awesome; North Dakota, less so.

Most CAF space positions require the course, though the course is not a prerequisite to be selected for a space position. If you're selected for a space position, you'll be priority loaded onto the course. The remaining course slots are open on a space-available basis with priority to trades likely to be involved in space ops (ACSO, AEC, AC Op, ATIS, etc).

Cavalier doesn't sound so bad... as long as you're a Jets fan :p Among the people I know who went there, they either didn't want to leave, or couldn't wait to leave.

Back