• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Speaking of combats for cadets.....

formercadet1029

Inactive
Reaction score
Apparently there has been some discussion about some type of corps issued work dress uniform for army cadets that is currently being implemented or will be shortly. From what I understand it will be similar to the old style OD combat uniform, with some minor differences. Anyone know if there is any legitimacy to this or not?

This what you are talking about ?

madden.JPG

There are combats that have been issued to the CSTC's to replace the old OG107 uniforms. These new uniforms are olive drab with the rank slide in the front and the buttons exposed. Similar to the first version of CADPAT. They have the cadets Canada logo on the left pocket of both the shirt and the pants. It's not clear if these uniforms will be issued to individual corps or not. If a work dress is issued, it would be a good bet that these uniforms will be it.

Why is that Cadet in the Cadetpat wearing a CANADA slip-on and crossed swords on his name tape?

Lowlander said:
Why is that Cadet in the Cadetpat wearing a CANADA slip-on and crossed swords on his name tape?

His?  Pretty sure that's a female.

Lowlander said:
Gender recognition: -1    :facepalm:

Lowlander said:
  Because that's what the cadet camp issued her? She's on staff as a CSM. Cadets hold most of the NCO positions with a smattering of Reg/Res NCOs and CIC Officers.

Are we talking about the large surplus of combats that CSTC Acadia just got rid of because of the end to the gunners trade?

I believe the post by Boysen is the version they were discussing, not the kiddy cadpat stuff in the other pic.

formercadet1029 said:
not the kiddy cadpat stuff in the other pic.

::)

I've never been in Cadets, but personally, I think the other uniform looks better.  It's a distinct pattern which would separate the Cadets from the CF.  The other pic looks like someone dressed in old combats purchased at an Army surplus store.

I have to say that the OG uniform is a better choice in my opinion. The digicam version makes them look too much like serving soldiers. I also note that there's no identifying marks on the uniform that tells one they're cadets.

ModlrMike said:
I have to say that the OG uniform is a better choice in my opinion. The digicam version makes them look too much like serving soldiers. I also note that there's no identifying marks on the uniform that tells one they're cadets.
I'd have to agree with you on this. Plus, after reading reviews of the kiddy cadpat as far as functionality goes, it's made of something similar to denim that doesn't dry very quickly, which makes it impractical for field use.

I agree that there is no requirement for Cadets to have camoflauge pattern uniforms and the material should be quick drying, however we all have to face the reality that the OG uniforms are starting to run out of stock and are in varying states of repair. Something new, cost effective, and practical needs to make its way into the system that has staying power before these kids look like patchwork nightmares.

I wonder if anyone has come up with the idea of the Cadet movement adopting a work dress/field dress as their standard issue rather than the dress uniforms. Functionality for an organization should trump Buttons and Bows sometimes. Right?  :worms:

rmc_wannabe said:
I agree that there is no requirement for Cadets to have camoflauge pattern uniforms and the material should be quick drying, however we all have to face the reality that the OG uniforms are starting to run out of stock and are in varying states of repair. Something new, cost effective, and practical needs to make its way into the system that has staying power before these kids look like patchwork nightmares.

I wonder if anyone has come up with the idea of the Cadet movement adopting a work dress/field dress as their standard issue rather than the dress uniforms. Functionality for an organization should trump Buttons and Bows sometimes. Right?  :worms:

The picture I posted is the solution to the OG107 running out. These are brand new uniforms, not revamped old OG's. The quality seems comparable to CADPAT and is far quicker drying then the CADETPAT. It also has the added bonus of not making the cadets look like US Marines.

Boysen said:
The picture I posted is the solution to the OG107 running out. These are brand new uniforms, not revamped old OG's. The quality seems comparable to CADPAT and is far quicker drying then the CADETPAT. It also has the added bonus of not making the cadets look like US Marines.

Really? Cause that certainly looks like revamped OGs to me... maybe its just a bad photo.  ::)

rmc_wannabe said:
Really? Cause that certainly looks like revamped OGs to me... maybe its just a bad photo.  ::)

These uniforms have been used at Vernon for a couple summers now so they're not looking brand new anymore.

Boysen said:
These uniforms have been used at Vernon for a couple summers now so they're not looking brand new anymore.

Ah and there is the reality there.

What is the replenishment cycle looking like for these "new" uniforms? Has a contract been written for x amount of uniforms per year to replace the old ones? Is this all just a jerry-rigged solution (much like  CADETPAT) to a long standing issue until something more permanent comes along?

No idea on any timeline for the new uniforms. Just a lot of rumor and speculation. What I do know is that they have been issued at all the army cadet camps across Canada and they have the Cadets Canada logo embroidered on them. That leads me to think that these are more official then the CADETPAT.

Back