• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Speaking of combats for cadets.....

Get Nautical said:
The cadetpat uniform was cheaply made with numerous flaws. For the newer OD combats I think they should remove the horrible Swoosh logo on the pocket and place a round RCAC patch on the shoulder (as the uniform and maple leaf on it is OD, the RCAC patch should be OD as well).

fraserdw how would you dress the cadets in a field uniform that is functional and instils espirit de corps. You could also make an argument that Scouts Canada look like child soldiers because they wear a "uniform".

I would actually agree with you, that is how.  A full colour crest on an OD uniform would be quite distinctive.  By the way, I did not sign the Treaty but our military is bound by it.  As for scouts, Scouts Canada uniform is very un-military.  I am Rover Knight of the Baden Powell Council (a competing scouting org from the UK), our uniform is brown hiking boots, tan trousers, tan long sleeve shirt with Stetson Hat.  Full uniform, I do not look modern military and my crests and unit identifiers are of reasonable colour to show we are not military.  But the blue and red necker is like a big un-military.  Additionally, I believe (not sure) but I think there is mention of scouts in the Geneva Accords as a non-military civil aid org  in wartime.

Even if the patch is in colour, which I'm fine with (as long as the maple leaf is red/white) it still won't change the politically correct. It will actually look similar to Cadpat, only in OD (especially due to the fact the epaulette is in front).

If Scouts wore Stetsons here (as they use too), I would be for it, however everyone else would think they were RCMP ::)

on another note maybe we can get Joe Fresh to redesign our field uniform
http://www.thespec.com/news/canada/article/269314--canadian-scouts-get-a-makeover :facepalm:

fraserdw said:
I would actually agree with you, that is how.  A full colour crest on an OD uniform would be quite distinctive.  By the way, I did not sign the Treaty but our military is bound by it.  As for scouts, Scouts Canada uniform is very un-military.  I am Rover Knight of the Baden Powell Council (a competing scouting org from the UK), our uniform is brown hiking boots, tan trousers, tan long sleeve shirt with Stetson Hat.  Full uniform, I do not look modern military and my crests and unit identifiers are of reasonable colour to show we are not military.  But the blue and red necker is like a big un-military.  Additionally, I believe (not sure) but I think there is mention of scouts in the Geneva Accords as a non-military civil aid org  in wartime.

Sadly, Scouting (at least in Canada) has forgotten its roots.  They often seem to overlook the fact that BP was himself a soldier and that his Scouting for Boys was essentially a re-write of a similar pamphlet he had previously written for cavalry scouts.

Get Nautical said:
Even if the patch is in colour, which I'm fine with (as long as the maple leaf is red/white) it still won't change the politically correct. It will actually look similar to Cadpat, only in OD (especially due to the fact the epaulette is in front).

If Scouts wore Stetsons here (as they use too), I would be for it, however everyone else would think they were RCMP ::)

on another note maybe we can get Joe Fresh to redesign our field uniform
http://www.thespec.com/news/canada/article/269314--canadian-scouts-get-a-makeover :facepalm:

Joe Fresh inspired DEUs might be a good recruiting tool for the CF  ;D

Back