• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Special Forces?

brianl1734

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey I've got a question that I haven't been able to find the answer to...
How does the military send you to special forces like JTF2? Or an advanced job like Sniper, Close Combat Instructor, etc...

Does an Officer have to recommend you?

A simple google search can answer that.

http://www.cansofcom-comfoscan.forces.gc.ca/cr/index-eng.asp

The webpage is titled "How to Join CANSOFCOM".

You dont join JTF2, JTF2 joins you.
You have to be prepared and well trained, you dont just ask and join. And even if you are the best in your platoon, JTF2 is looking for people in particular. Not only the best overall.
As for Sniper etc, it depends on the trade you join.
For ex. You can only take the sniper course if youre infantry.
You should go to a recruiting center, they will answer your questions like nobody else!

JoPelle said:
You dont join JTF2, JTF2 joins you.

Ok...

JoPelle said:
You dont just ask and join. And even if you are the best in your platoon, JTF2 is looking for people in particular. Not only the best overall.

I'll admit to the fact that I am far from an expert on all this special forces, but I do know that what you said is false. You can ask to be chosen to attend a selection process for the unit, and depending on how you did (if you get chosen to go), you may be offered a position. If you have done the "best overall" during the selection, odds are that you have a pretty good chance at getting an offer.

... and that is about the extent of my knowledge.

SeR said:
Ok...

I'll admit to the fact that I am far from an expert on all this special forces, but I do know that what you said is false. You can ask to be chosen to attend a selection process for the unit, and depending on how you did (if you get chosen to go), you may be offered a position. If you have done the "best overall" during the selection, odds are that you have a pretty good chance at getting an offer.

... and that is about the extent of my knowledge.
What I am saying is the the recruiting process for JTF2 is very different from other special trade.
You have to fit exactly what they are looking for. You dont just pass some test and get in.

JoPelle said:
What I am saying is the the recruiting process for JTF2 is very different from other special trade.

It's not a trade - it's a unit.

JoPelle said:
You have to fit exactly what they are looking for. You dont just pass some test and get in.

That would be the reason for the selection process that I had previously mentioned.

SeR said:
It's not a trade - it's a unit.

That would be the reason for the selection process that I had previously mentioned.

Yes you are right. But that <<selection process>> isnt very simple. You have to earn it.

JoPelle said:

It is better to say nothing if you don't know what your talking about. If someone is asking for information you don't know the answer don't post.

To the OP here is the JTF2 website if you haven't found it yet, hopefully you find the answer your looking for there

http://www.jtf2-foi2.forces.gc.ca/mrj-mcf/index-eng.asp

Eaglelord17 said:
It is better to say nothing if you don't know what your talking about. If someone is asking for information you don't know the answer don't post.

To the OP here is the JTF2 website if you haven't found it yet, hopefully you find the answer your looking for there

http://www.jtf2-foi2.forces.gc.ca/mrj-mcf/index-eng.asp

Im saying exactly what my recruiter told me !
I tought it was relevent to say that the process was different.

JoPelle said:
Im saying exactly what my recruiter told me !
I tought it was relevent to say that the process was different.

Stay in your lane. You're not even in and you're talking about JTF2 and special forces. You're giving out incorrect information on the unit and how to apply, which you clearly know nothing about.

Anyone can apply to join the unit but it doesn't mean that everyone will get in. You have to attend a selection process in order to join. If you pass it you can start training. From talking to members of CSOR it's not uncommon for guys to fail selection 2 or so times and get in.

OP don't worry about special forces right now. Worry about getting in and passing BMQ, become the best solider you can be and then apply. It's not something that will happen over night (or likely not within your first contract) 

AgentSmith said:
Stay in your lane. You're not even in and you're talking about JTF2 and special forces. You're giving out incorrect information on the unit and how to apply, which you clearly know nothing about.

Anyone can apply to join the unit but it doesn't mean that everyone will get in. You have to attend a selection process in order to join. If you pass it you can start training. From talking to members of CSOR it's not uncommon for guys to fail selection 2 or so times and get in.

OP don't worry about special forces right now. Worry about getting in and passing BMQ, become the best solider you can be and then apply. It's not something that will happen over night (or likely not within your first contract)

I didnt give any information about joining JTF2. I simply said that the recruiting process is different lol
Im not in yet, but im merit listed and I talked about JTF2 with my recruiter and he told me that even if you pass the selection process, that dosnt mean you automaticly get in.
If im wrong, blame the recruiter I talked to, not me.
Have a nice day

JoPelle said:
I didnt give any information about joining JTF2. I simply said that the recruiting process is different lol
Im not in yet, but im merit listed and I talked about JTF2 with my recruiter and he told me that even if you pass the selection process, that dosnt mean you automaticly get in.
If im wrong, blame the recruiter I talked to, not me.
Have a nice day

The point is you blatantly provided information you did not know was correct. As such YOUR wrong not your recruiter as he is not the one providing the information YOU are. Stay in your lane if you don't know what your talking about don't say anything.

Eaglelord17 said:
The point is you blatantly provided information you did not know was correct. As such YOUR wrong not your recruiter as he is not the one providing the information YOU are. Stay in your lane if you don't know what your talking about don't say anything.

*You're

And as for the information, im not saying that I know stuff, im just saying the stuff i got told.
I dont think im wrong saying that the recruiting process for JTF2 is different.
I dont think im wrong saying that you dont simply do a training and get in.
It depends on alot of factors.
And I know im right about the fact that they are looking for specific talent. Not just overall good.
If you think im wrong, prove me wrong. Dont just say I am.

JoPelle said:
*You're

And as for the information, im not saying that I know stuff, im just saying the stuff i got told.
And I know im right about the fact that they are looking for specific talent. Not just overall good.

If you're going to take the time to call someone out on their grammar, maybe make sure you use proper grammar and sentence structure yourself.

JoPelle said:

You didn't actually say that until I called you out on the fact that the information you had provided was wrong.  :facepalm:

lol anyway, im not trying to start a war here!
My english isnt perfect, I know. At least you understand. Well I hope. (im french canadian)
I dont know why people always get mad over the internet.

SeR, isnt this suppose to be recruits only anyway?

JoPelle said:
SeR, isnt this suppose to be recruits only anyway?

Found at the top of the "Recruits Only" forum:

"Open discussion for new members. Once you hit 250 posts you will no longer have access to this board!"

JoPelle said:
*You're

Two big things I learned about posting on this site. First if you have a question or want to start a thread do a search. If already there don't post, people around here hate the same thing being posted over and over again. Second unless you experience it don't pass on the knowledge. People around here hate that too.

fake penguin said:
Two big things I learned about posting on this site. First if you have a question or want to start a thread do a search. If already there don't post, people around here hate the same thing being posted over and over again. Second unless you experience it don't pass on the knowledge. People around here hate that too.

Alright!
I tought we could just discuss about things here.
Seems like if you're not mr.perfect, you're not allowed to post.
I apologize if I offended anyone. Or if I mislead someone.

Back