• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Stéphane Dion Win's Liberal Leadership Race

Well, I guess the Conservatives can stop worrying about facing another election--and even if they do face one, they don't have to worry about losing to the Liberals.

Fully agree, this could not be a better result. Dion will lose PQ as they will all vote Block and the ON people will hate that another francophone is going to lead the country. The west will just roll over as usual to the conservative default. We are going to win a big majority now....cant wait! I can just taste the power. ;D

3rd Horseman said:
Fully agree, this could not be a better result. Dion will lose PQ as they will all vote Block and the ON people will hate that another francophone is going to lead the country. The west will just roll over as usual to the conservative default. We are going to win a big majority now....cant wait! I can just taste the power. ;D

That sounds like a plan..................One that hasn't yet made contact with the enemy. ;D ;)

I do like the tought that the Liberals are the EN ;D

And everyone knows no plan survives contact with the En.

At least Stephen has no baggage in his past,has time in and he is not pretentious and a phony like Cretin,Bullony and the rest who have lead us down the garden path .

Time will tell.

Good Luck/Bon Chance Stephen.

Not pretentious? The only politician I can think of that's as pretentious as Dion would have been Trudeau... Heck, Dion never bothered to talk to the Infoman (Quebec's version of Rick Mercer.. sortof) and was pretty rude on more than one occasion. He just likes to think he's respectable, and tends to be rather condescending.

Spr.Earl said:
Good Luck/Bon Chance Stephen.

Hmm the fresh smell of bilingualism, speaking of that I'm not sure i understood: Is Dion from Quebec.

(i wanted Ignatieff to win :()

Chawki Bensalem said:
Hmm the fresh smell of bilingualism, speaking of that I'm not sure i understood: Is Dion from Quebec.

(i wanted Ignatieff to win :()

Yes he is, sadly. Another of those idiots representing the worst of Quebec.

He also happens to be hated by most of Quebec. No, really, he's like that kid with the thick glasses who wears his pants above his navel, in elementary school.

Well, things are now looking good for a Conservative majority, let's hope for the best.

Dion may be the best Lib leader for Harper to go up against but I very worried about Ontario.  The Quebecers are not big Dion fans, but will they (the non bloc voters) rather vote for him than Harper??  Return to their comfort zone, a Lib.  Same with Ontario, I think they will retreat into there comfort zone, Libs. The west will gone Conservitive, I will bet on that, but Quebec & Ontario, I am not so sure. 

Harper is very different that the status quoe Quebec & Ontario seem to like.  Afghanistan, more military money, most Quebec & Ontario voters feel out of their comfort zone.  Any thoughts.....

With Dion as the new Liberal leader I believe the Conservatives are safe. The problem is that many Canadian voters decide by their hearts and if another election is called it will probably be a Conservative win but I don't know if they would get a majority government. I can guarantee that the Afghanistan and Quebec "Nation" debates will be at the forefront of the next election.

I hope your right because a new Lib Gov't would be scary, although not nearly as scary as an NDP one.  I live in a North Bay where the local military base pumps allot into the community.  The people here generally support us, but are not comfortable with all this defence spending, or Afghanistan.  It's just that for the most part they have never seen this sort of thing before.  Most comments I get are "We support the troops, but we want you all to come home & be safe".  I am concerned that they will retreat to those comfort zones, and vote Lib.

I do my best to explain military life, what we need, and don't have, and how it benefits them.  About A-Stan, I again do my best to explain why, and what could become of us and the free world if we all do not stand up to this radical Islam garbage.  I guess all I can hope for is that it took........

peaches said:
Dion may be the best Lib leader for Harper to go up against but I very worried about Ontario.  The Quebecers are not big Dion fans, but will they (the non bloc voters) rather vote for him than Harper??  Return to their comfort zone, a Lib.  Same with Ontario, I think they will retreat into there comfort zone, Libs. The west will gone Conservitive, I will bet on that, but Quebec & Ontario, I am not so sure. 

Harper is very different that the status quoe Quebec & Ontario seem to like.  Afghanistan, more military money, most Quebec & Ontario voters feel out of their comfort zone.  Any thoughts.....

Ontarians have one, largely unspoken, requirement for a PM: keep Québec in its place.

For Ontarians that means:

1. Inside Canada; and

2. Subordinate.

Ontarians have, generally, favoured Québec based leaders on the (naïve) assumption that they might actually understand Québec and can manage the Québec file.  The missteps and blunders of Québecers Trudeau, Mulroney and Chrétien (rise of separatism and creation of the PQ, the Meech Lake fiasco and creation of the BQ, and a razor thin ‘win’ in the last referendum, respectively) seem to have passed unnoticed in Ontario.

That fact that Dion:

• Is A Québecer;

• Pretends to be Green; and

• Is not Bush Lite;

May help him to maintain the Liberal stranglehold on the somnolent Ontario voters.

Journeyman said:
Stéphane Dion...not Steve   ::)

fiouh I would have hated him to have the same name as the right and honourable Prime minister

Did you see how cocky the libs were at the election: "And the winner and the next prime minister of Canada­­" or " This is a bad day for Stephen Harper and not calling by his designations"
Seriously this is major little kid taunting.

Gotta love it Journeyman, Stevie Harper and Stevie Dion.  Makes it so much easier for Bushie to remember!

:D

In the last election I fear that Quebecers & Ontarians voted Conservitive to send a msg to the libs, and in the next they will again vote in a lib gov't.  I do not think all these easterners are too happy about a western Conservitive PM.  It's just not their style.  Vote in Dion, bye bye C17's, C130J's, new Helo an ships, pull out A-Stan ASAP, and revert to Peacekeeping, back into their comfort zone. 

Since the early 90's this counrty has been going in different directions, the west one way the east the other.  The west, soilid Tory except a few ridings, Ontario, pretty soild lib, Quebec mostly bloc.  Can't even imagine what happens when new lib PM goes after more Alta oil $$.

I fear this countries days could be numbered if we do not stop this left-right, east-west rift.....

Back