• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

St. Jean BMQ Febuary 22nd

From what I hear they have extended the training to 14 weeks to now include part of SQ (BMQ-L).  Not sure how true that is but just what I have heard from a couple of my army friends.  Apparently the SQ course is now only 4 weeks long... so really your training is the same length of time just portioned off differently.

shilohshy said:
From what I hear they have extended the training to 14 weeks to now include part of SQ (BMQ-L).  Not sure how true that is but just what I have heard from a couple of my army friends.  Apparently the SQ course is now only 4 weeks long... so really your training is the same length of time just portioned off differently.

I thought it was technically 14 weeks already. 13 weeks plus week 0.

Yes you are correct Turbonium I was referring to the 10 wks comment.  I can't see them pulling back on the training to get rid of what they have already integrated into the 13-14 week course.  Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Hey, I'm leaving for St.Jean Feb 20 and my BMQ starts Feb 22... Anybody else flying out from Windsor on the 20th...
Can't wait to meet everyone.

vanessa_srt4 said:
Hey, I'm leaving for St.Jean Feb 20 and my BMQ starts Feb 22... Anybody else flying out from Windsor on the 20th...
Can't wait to meet everyone.

Glad there is finally another girl!!! What are you going in for? Will see you there.

with myself included, that adds yet another female to the group. how did you guys get your plane tickets already? i haven't even received joining instructions yet. do they come by mail? or do you get them when you're sworn in?

ABC said:
with myself included, that adds yet another female to the group. how did you guys get your plane tickets already? i haven't even received joining instructions yet. do they come by mail? or do you get them when you're sworn in?

I don't have my plane ticket or joining instructions yet either.  I was told by my file manager that I will receive the joining instructions by mid January and not sure when I get my plane ticket.  Perhaps they give you the plane ticket when you get sworn in?? I don't swear in until Feb 19th so would make sense.

shilohshy said:
Glad there is finally another girl!!! What are you going in for? Will see you there.
i'm going in as a RMS clerk. What about you? I was wanting Weapsons Tech. but they didn't have anything for me... I was bummed out but whatever...

shilohshy said:
I don't have my plane ticket or joining instructions yet either.  I was told by my file manager that I will receive the joining instructions by mid January and not sure when I get my plane ticket.  Perhaps they give you the plane ticket when you get sworn in?? I don't swear in until Feb 19th so would make sense.
When my husband went for his in June... they gave him his ticket when he got sworn in. or the info for the airport anyways.

vanessa_srt4 said:
i'm going in as a RMS clerk. What about you? I was wanting Weapsons Tech. but they didn't have anything for me... I was bummed out but whatever...

I thought weapons tech was in demand. my friend is a rms clerk.

I live close to Hamilton so I'm guessing that I will be flying out of Toronto... Anyone else flying out of the T Dot?  I too am looking forward to the training... Im starting to get myself back into shape but this running in the cold hurts  :snowman:

i hear ya full and its no fun running when its -20 and a -40 windchill.... got to love the country with no trees to block the wind  :(

turbonium said:
I thought weapons tech was in demand. my friend is a rms clerk.
I know it use to be.... but i guess not anymore.... the recruiter showed me on the computer... they need zero people for that trade and like 52 rms clerk for just army.
oh well it was one of my choices so i'm not totally bummed out.
I'm excited to meet everyone... I've heard so many good and bad things about bmq... i can't wait to experience it all.

vanessa_srt4 said:

I am going in as an Army Supply Tech.  RMS Clk was actually my second choice LOL!! Just know you can always switch trades later on if the job you wants opens up and your current job isn't screaming for people.  Being you also picked a purple trade what uniform did you choose?

Yes I think we are going to have a good time at basic! Hopefully we all end up in the same platoon being there are 2 english courses going at the same time.

I got my offer about a week ago and got replaced with someone who could not make it! I am coming from Vancouver and going for NES Op! It has been very fast for me! I will be in R0316E. See you all soon!

cheers

Back