• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

St Jean Oct 3 to Dec 15

Mojo Magnum

Inactive
Reaction score
Has your phone rang yet?

Mine has and I'm damn excited about it.

Bmq in St Jean.  Oct 3

anyone else?

Sounds like I'm on that one. I was surprised how fast I went from being merit listed to getting an offer. I got the offer the day after I was selected, it sounds like the norm is to have to wait a couple weeks.

same here.

I suspect there was an earlier selection board that we don't know about.  I spoke with someone from my recruiting office he said they were aware that I was selected weeks ago.

Either way,
HHHEERRREEE  WWEE GGOOO!

hey, how many push ups are you doing.
and how far are you running/how fast?

When I'm working out I'll do 25 pushups in a set and 30 situps in a set. I'm acually not able to run right now because of an injury (and it makes me super anxious that I'm not) but before the injury I was doing the 2.4 in about 10 minutes on a good day.

I know I was selected on the September 5th selection board because I spoke to my file manager about half way through August and she said that an officer who is no longer there made a mistake on my file (he said I was merit listed a long time ago but it turns out I was never acually merit listed until I phoned beggining of August and asked what was going on).

honest?

dec 15? im going to cfb bordem and we end on the 16th..

...odd.. you guys will end on the thurs..

atticus,
hope the injury thing works out. I see paracowboy has given you some excellent advice. 
are you flying there? from where?

I assume I'll be flying out of Toronto.

I'm flying out from Calgary or Edmonton (I live right smack in the middle), not too sure I'll find out forsure next Wednesday. Another day or two and I'll be able to run again, so hopefully I'll be okay.

:D :D :D I am in :) :) :)
Oct. 3- dec 15 St. Jean, Going for Med tech. See you there... Good Luck to everyone eles!

atticus said:
I'm flying out from Calgary or Edmonton (I live right smack in the middle), not too sure I'll find out forsure next Wednesday. Another day or two and I'll be able to run again, so hopefully I'll be okay.
I will be flying out of Calgary, too. But I wont get the employment package till next week. I'll see you there.  :D

I'm counting weeks on the calendar.  Our BMQ at St Jean is 12 weeks long.??
I thought it was 10. 

ah well, two extra weeks of running to tropical December. :eek:

I don't think they are phasing SQ out. I know I still have to do it, but I don't know about anybody else.

Rumour I heard was starting in September they were increasing BMQ to 14 weeks and doing away with SQ. But BMQ is still only 10 weeks long though the date starting on Oct 10 is 13 or 14 weeks long, so it might be in the new year that they phase SQ out.

I think BMQ is just longer. I can't see how they could take two 10 week courses and squish them into 13 weeks. Seems kinda backwards. I guess I could always just get asked when I get sworn in next wednesday.

atticus said:
I think BMQ is just longer. I can't see how they could take two 10 week courses and squish them into 13 weeks. Seems kinda backwards. I guess I could always just get asked when I get sworn in next wednesday.

Are you getting sworn in at Calgary or Edmonton??? Next wednesday I'm being sworn in at CFRC Calgary.

I recall readiing somewhere that the extra few weeks was to allow an increased focus  on PT.

fine with me, can't getting paid to work out ;D

P-Free said:
Rumour I heard was starting in September they were increasing BMQ to 14 weeks and doing away with SQ. But BMQ is still only 10 weeks long though the date starting on Oct 10 is 13 or 14 weeks long, so it might be in the new year that they phase SQ out.

Maybe the extra weeks on this BMQ are to account for a "lay-off" or Christmas break.  I know the RC shuts down at Christmas maybe the Mega does as well.  Just my 2 bits :salute:

Back