• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

St Jean Oct 3 to Dec 15

Wow that means you only have like 4 days to go out and buy everything you need. I hope they give you your kit list soon. Anyway congrats on getting your call and good luck in St. Jean.  :salute:

:cdn:

Don't go rushing out to buy everything all in one shot.  Bring cash to BMQ because one of the first few days there includes a trip to the CANEX (base store)  to buy everything that you're missing.  They even give you the shopping list as part of the "Welcome" package.  You we're your civvies for the first few days anyway until they issue all the kit to you, usually the first Wednesday or Thursday.  They also give you a mandatory advance on your pay somewhere in the neighbourhood of $250.  Good luck and if you have any questions, ask here or send me a private message. 

*this info is based on my experience, I graduated BMQ on 16 Jun 05, so your experience may or may not be the same*

So anybody leaving for these dates getting nervous yet? I'm both nervous and excited. I'm more nervous about leaving unfinished business at home than what is going to happen to me at basic (stupid ex girlfriends). I do wonder if I'm going to get it worse than others because I was a reservist and this is my second time doing BMQ.

Oh and if anybody has advise on how to deal with ex girlfriends give me a pm!

i guess you can call it nervous..im nervous and excited too...

what do you mean "stupid ex grilfriends"  PM me and elaborate

Well.... it's 14 hours now until I leave to go to the airport. I have to say, good luck to all fellow recruits attending Borden, and a goodluck to those attending St. Jean. Seriously, we'll need all the strength, luck, whatever, that we can get.

Hopefully I'll be talking to you all with basic under my belt, in December! Hopefully...

Back