• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Star Trek 3" movie to be filmed in Vancouver, starting in 2015

CougarKing

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
...some say William Shatner will have a role in this one though to accompany Leonard Nimoy... though hopefully it won't be like this.  :facepalm:

Global News

Star Trek 3 to be shot in Vancouver

By Peter Meiszner  Global News

A Star Trek fan website, TrekMovie, reports that Star Trek 3 will be shot primarily in Vancouver.

Seoul, South Korea will also host some location shooting for the film, which is scheduled to be released in 2016.

Director Roberto Orci was in Vancouver in early October scouting locations.

Shooting for the third installment of the Star Trek series is scheduled to begin in mid-February 2015.

(...SNIPPED)

Makes sense, Stargate proved that most of the Universe looked remarkable like North Vancouver

Ditto Battlestar Galactica.  And the fact that Arthur Erickson had some major off-world commissions.

Colin P said:
Makes sense, Stargate proved that most of the Universe looked remarkable like North Vancouver

Funny how Once Upon a Time makes the woods of Maine look like those around North Vancouver, as well.  "Fantasy Licence" I guess.

Been binge watching Supernatural lately.  The entire USA looks like the Lower Mainland  ;D

Privateer said:
Ditto Battlestar Galactica.  And the fact that Arthur Erickson had some major off-world commissions.

You are talking the remake, the original series was filmed mostly in Buffalo/Toronto and Montreal. In fact at least two episodes used some of the "ultra-modern" buildings of Expo 67 before they were razed.

Ok, I am dating myself here. ;)

Oldgateboatdriver said:
You are talking the remake, the original series was filmed mostly in Buffalo/Toronto and Montreal. In fact at least two episodes used some of the "ultra-modern" buildings of Expo 67 before they were razed.

[topic derail] There's a sea hag ready to date you.    :p    [/topic derail]

cavalryman said:
Been binge watching Supernatural lately.  The entire USA looks like the Lower Mainland  ;D

I watched one episode of Supernatural that was supposed to take place in Louisiana/Mississippi and in the background you could see patches of snow.

Oldgateboatdriver said:

I remember watching the original as a kid, sitting in front of my grandparents' TV...

Back