• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Starting over

Today is my final day at my contract position. Mostly filing, passing off my daily duties to someone else and clearing up last minute things and preparing my desk space for the next person. I will miss working here, but I am moving forward to the career I want in the Canadian Forces. The next couple of months are going to be busy, getting the house prepared for my absence and me prepared, as fully as I can manage, for BMQ.
Thank you to everyone who has followed along with my story, and no worries!! I will continue to pop in now and then to post an update on my progress.

Congrats to all who have received their offers, good luck to those who are waiting still.

Good luck to you Deskjockey43!

I will still be at BMOQ when you come to St. Jean (not scheduled to graduate until August) so perhaps our paths will cross in person!

It is within the realm of possibility, however, you are in as an officer and I am going in as ncm. I don't think there is much mixing of the two groups if any, but we may run into each other in the pit, at the North doors or maybe at the Mega Mess once I am off indoc. The question is, how will we know that we have crossed paths?

Currently, I am working on my fitness and wondering how to keep myself motivated for the next three months. Much easier as a group in basic, I think. You are all doing it at the same time and for the same reasons. At home, it's just me and sometimes my other half to give me a nudge, but I really hate running. I want this though, so I have to find a way to get my butt out the door and running in the mornings.

deskjockey43 said:
It is within the realm of possibility, however, you are in as an officer and I am going in as ncm. I don't think there is much mixing of the two groups if any, but we may run into each other in the pit, at the North doors or maybe at the Mega Mess once I am off indoc. The question is, how will we know that we have crossed paths?

Currently, I am working on my fitness and wondering how to keep myself motivated for the next three months. Much easier as a group in basic, I think. You are all doing it at the same time and for the same reasons. At home, it's just me and sometimes my other half to give me a nudge, but I really hate running. I want this though, so I have to find a way to get my butt out the door and running in the mornings.

What's your current running fitness level?

My current running fitness level....hmm...how shall I put this... I really really hate running, I have not had a need to run for many years now, so, with that said, I run/jog on the tread mill and can now maintain a constant speed level 4.5 for 30 minutes. I have much work to do. When I run/jog outside, I don't really keep track of speed or distance, I just go till I need to catch my breath, slow to a walk till I feel I can run some more and so on. I can run further/longer now than I could when I started, but I know I have a long way to go. Also, my other half doesn't run, he has bad knees. So this part of my fitness plan, I am on my own.

Back