• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Stress Disorder More Common in Women

Ontario,

Toronto.

No they are not medical experts, I will give you that.  But with the experience of their own treatment, they offer advice on how to avoid minefields, hence the moniker peer support.

A Psychiatrist and Psychologist are the people who will actually provide the medical support you require, OSISS provided much of the other forms of support.  Again such as advice and peer groups sessions.  It has also networked me with other members of the military community who have been injured, so that I can offer some help.

dileas

tess

I absolutely agree that they put people in contact with each other, that is great.  I recently talked with the guy in Montreal and hopefully thing will get back on track.

I know that in the Quebec region there is some friction between OSISS and other groups, which provide similar "services".

the 48th regulator said:
Ontario,

Toronto.

No they are not medical experts, I will give you that.  But with the experience of their own treatment, they offer advice on how to avoid minefields, hence the moniker peer support.

A Psychiatrist and Psychologist are the people who will actually provide the medical support you require, OSISS provided much of the other forms of support.  Again such as advice and peer groups sessions.  It has also networked me with other members of the military community who have been injured, so that I can offer some help.

dileas

tess

schart28 said:
I absolutely agree that they put people in contact with each other, that is great.  I recently talked with the guy in Montreal and hopefully thing will get back on track.

I know that in the Quebec region there is some friction between OSISS and other groups, which provide similar "services".

It's a bloody shame that these groups are battling for the monopoly of who helps.  In the end those that are hurting end up getting no help and suffering from that.

good luck

dileas

tess

Back