• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Summer school/Reserves/So many options

TJ97

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a 17 year old student in Ontario right now and I've been looking into joining as a reservist in 2-3 years as I'm done highschool February 2016.

However, I've been bouncing back and forth between three different areas that interest me... Weapons Technician, Medical Technician, and Cook. Cook and Weapons Tech don't have any special requirements as far as high school courses go, but for Medical Technician I would have needed to take Grade 12 Biology, and Chemistry or Physics. Because I originally wanted to be a Psychologist I didn't need any of these so I didn't bother taking them.

They don't fit into my schedule now so I would have to do one in summer school and one next semester. However if I wasn't able to get both done for whatever reason, if I (after I graduated) went to an 'adult learning center' as an 18 year old to upgrade and take one, would that negatively affect me? Would they look down on the fact I did it after highschool instead of during highschool?

Also if I went to University first, got a bachelor's degree in Psychology or something else then applied to be a reservist as a Medical Tech, would I still have needed to take Biology/Chemisty/Physics in high school and have to go back to a learning center to do them even in my early twenties or would they overlook that, like in Universities or Colleges some people may be looked at as 'mature students' and their high school courses don't matter as much?

I'm trying to figure out if I should not take sciences and forget about the Med Tech idea, or still consider it. There are a lot of options.

Back