• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sunday CrossCountry Checkup is about Afghanistan

For those that will listen to the radio show I come on at about 1 hour 19 mins

The lead up is pretty much what you would expect from the typical CBC listeners (broad brush stroke here) general anit military sentiment etc etc.

HitorMiss said:
I would say thank you but really we get paid good money for what we do.

I am glad I was clear in my statements but the fact remains and I have yet to get a good answer on it, why is it that the Soldiers perspective is not pushed to public and it seems that only higher level staff postion's seem to get out there.
Even if the military tried to get the view points of the soldiers out there, how cooperative would the media be? I rarely here much of the good things you all are doing in Afghanistan on the news, I come here for that. And even here there isn't alot of detail, so its hard to get a good understanding of just how much you've accomplished over there.

I didn't here you live but I did listen to the recording of it, very nicely done.

Edited for spelling and to add this:
For those that will listen to the radio show I come on at about 1 hour 19 mins
Now I wish I had known that before I listened to the show, some of what was said curdled the milk in my coffee.

Well Neko both programs dedicated a larger portion of the call in time to me as they were really getting the raw answers. So bu that example alone I think erhaps the media and to a lesser extant the people would love to here what we had to say.

True enough, and I'll admit that Canada AM has often portrayed the good that Canadian soldiers are doing over there. It just seems sometimes that the news deliberately paints the bleakest picture possible. Perhaps though it stems from not having access to the soldiers to get their stories. Anyway, you were articulate and knowledgeable and I expect gave some people food for thought.

neko said:
Now I wish I had known that before I listened to the show, some of what was said curdled the milk in my coffee.
neko, I know what you mean...my Alexander Keith's went flat.  But I got a fresh one after listening to Hit or Miss and toasted him  ;D 

Back