• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Supply Tech - merged

....and the day the career manager comes to see you and says "17 Wing needs a new clothing stores supervisor and you are it"

You are now a SUP TECH.........as is the name of your MOC

CDN Aviator said:
....and the day the career manager comes to see you and says "17 Wing needs a new clothing stores supervisor and you are it"

You are now a SUP TECH.........as is the name of your MOC

Yeah but he'll arrive in his Navy uniform and talk about bulkheads and hatches and saying stuff to a WO like "hey PO where's the heads?" and asking if you take sliders on Fridays and generally drive you Zoomies crazy...which is part of his job as a guy in a Navy Uniform! ;D

Deep down every sailor looks at a Zoomie and wonders if the grass is greener.....

It is.

Supply Tech on board ship is a decent gig, I just can't see how a Naval supply tech who has been posted from ship to ship, handles getting posted to Petawawa or something, I mean do they have 10 soup in Pet?  Do army bases get the "How to handle Fish-heads for Dummies" handbook?

Halifax Tar said:
Hey Vern,

Actually I know of 2 other 911ers who have made it to Cox'n, Mike G and Steve A.

Also, yes I am very proud of my Naval roots. I am a leading Seaman and I am entitled to be addressed as my uniform states, not as a Corporal. But at the same time I have no qualms about and fully understand that my "purple" ( I hate that term ) means I can be deployed as the CF sees fit. Case in point my Kandahar stint last summer and my first posting which was CFB Kingston.

I will always have a strong belief in my uniform's history and traditions. I believe there is room for that in the CF.

Sure there's been more since Rick S, but he was the precedent setter.

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at with the rest of your post. It kind of insinuates that I (or others) have called you Corporal vice Leading Seaman when absolutely no-one here has done that. It insinuates that I (or others) have dissed your uniform ... which also hasn't happened, or that we've somehow infringed upon your "naval" traditions.

No one has said there isn't room for that in the CF -- and I'd be the first to argue that traditions be maintained -- they are what will carry us into the future after all.

BUT ... first and foremost ... Suppies are purple; and that was the point of the whole thing. At the end of the day, if someone is NOT willing to go anywhere required of them as a Suppie, then the trade is not for them. Period. End of story. PS ... there's sailors out there who've been years in Halifax ... but always manage to never sail more than a couple days before 9erD gets them off the boat etc ... I'm quite sure that you know where I'm coming from.  ;) We do not need people like that ... in any environment.

Dolphin_Hunter said:
Deep down every sailor looks at a Zoomie and wonders if the grass is greener.....

It is.

Supply Tech on board ship is a decent gig, I just can't see how a Naval supply tech who has been posted from ship to ship, handles getting posted to Petawawa or something, I mean do they have 10 soup in Pet?  Do army bases get the "How to handle Fish-heads for Dummies" handbook?

They handle it just fine ... if they want to. Just like anyone else or any other trade. We don't get 10am soup, but heck we get coffee in the field to warm you up on a nice chilly day ... the pine needles always manage to add something quite special for me. The camraderie rocks. Wake up in your hooch at night or in the morning -- free to stretch out your limbs and sit up quickly without fear of cracking your head on the rack above you. No RAS' ... no hand bombing subs. It's different than the Navy, but totally enjoyable too. I served with all three elements now. To each their own ... but we are all one family when the sun goes down.

Totally disagree vern, the army ruined the military for me. Comroderie? where? not in petawawa...yes in voluntered to go there to try it and see...all the time i was there i could not stop thinking about how much more fun i had in the Navy. Sleeping in a warm bed Hot meals hot showers soup at 10 off at 3 sliders on fridays victoria weather...hmmm why did i ever leave....army is way way way to puser for me...not all was bad in pet mind you...i did get a tour to kabul....maybe i am just a deep down alberta boy and just love being out in gods country to much and could not stand being in Ontario any longer. Dont get me wrong to each there own i was not designed to be in petawawa...thats just me....just like some people are not designed to be on ship. to each there own and yes when the sun goes down we are all on the same team.

Ready aye Ready

Another Sup Tech on this coast, there is MWO Robinson who retired from the RegF to join the Naval Reserve. Within two years CPO2 Robinson was the Coxn of his NRD.

kratz said:
Another Sup Tech on this coast, there is MWO Robinson who retired from the RegF to join the Naval Reserve. Within two years CPO2 Robinson was the Coxn of his NRD.

Do tell him that Vern says hello (and she knew he'd hate Trenton) !!  ;)

painswessex said:
Totally disagree vern, the army ruined the military for me. Comroderie? where? not in petawawa...yes in voluntered to go there to try it and see...all the time i was there i could not stop thinking about how much more fun i had in the Navy. Sleeping in a warm bed Hot meals hot showers soup at 10 off at 3 sliders on fridays victoria weather...hmmm why did i ever leave....army is way way way to puser for me...not all was bad in pet mind you...i did get a tour to kabul....maybe i am just a deep down alberta boy and just love being out in gods country to much and could not stand being in Ontario any longer. Dont get me wrong to each there own i was not designed to be in petawawa...thats just me....just like some people are not designed to be on ship. to each there own and yes when the sun goes down we are all on the same team.

Ready aye Ready

Like I said before, to each their own.

I hated Halifax. I loved Petawawa.

But, if my ass ends up posted back to Halifax am I going to pull pin?? Nope ... because I love my job. I am a Supply Tech. Servitium Nulli Secondus ... first and foremost ... and it's all in that attitude.

Vern. Are you still on the Island ? ... if so, I may have time to drop by for a coffee Monday morning, if I can remember how to get to there.

Scot57 said:
Vern. Are you still on the Island ? ... if so, I may have time to drop by for a coffee Monday morning, if I can remember how to get to there.

Sorry Scott, you've missed me by about 3 weeks. I've been posted back in Gagetown since Oct 3rd, but hell -- you must remember how to get here!!  >:D

ArmyVern said:
Sorry Scott, you've missed me by about 3 weeks. I've been posted back in Gagetown since Oct 3rd, but hell -- you must remember how to get here!!  >:D
Well, if I was down there longer ...I most certainly would. I'm sure Kevin and Les could both use a good slap ..lol .. :) . I'll be in Shediac for a week (investment shopping/ second home) visiting my sister and PEI for an evening visiting my father-in-law. If I get bored - I'll travel that autobahn between Moncton and Fredericton.

Say hi to McCavour/ Miller/ Pelechaty/ Baisley etc ... Barry Pike still around there ?

Scot57 said:
Well, if I was down there longer ...I most certainly would. I'm sure Kevin and Les could both use a good slap ..lol .. :) . I'll be in Shediac for a week (investment shopping/ second home) visiting my sister and PEI for an evening visiting my father-in-law. If I get bored - I'll travel that autobahn between Moncton and Fredericton.

Say hi to McCavour/ Miller/ Pelechaty/ Baisley etc ... Barry Pike still around there ?

I just slapped Les after our parade out back at 1500hrs!! Now walking acrross the hall to let him know you agreed with me!!  ;D

McCavour/ Miller/ Pelechaty/ Baisley etc
All still here and with the exception of Annette (at 4ESR), ... I'll let them know tomorrow a.m. as we are all dolled up in our DEUs for Br medals parade.

Barry Pike is still about -- kicking up his feet on a desk in LFAA (TC) now. Lucky him!

Let me know if you're going to make it; I'll ensure that I arrange like-minded disturbers of the peace to meet for beers!!  ;D

ArmyVern said:
I just slapped Les after our parade out back at 1500hrs!! Now walking acrross the hall to let him know you agreed with me!!  ;D
All still here and with the exception of Annette (at 4ESR), ... I'll let them know tomorrow a.m. as we are all dolled up in our DEUs for Br medals parade.

Barry Pike is still about -- kicking up his feet on a desk in LFAA (TC) now. Lucky him!

Let me know if you're going to make it; I'll ensure that I arrange like-minded disturbers of the peace to meet for beers!!  ;D
You have a good bunch in Gagetown. Tell Les - Edmonton beckons his return. We could use his quitar out here for the Logspiels.

Scot57 said:
You have a good bunch in Gagetown. Tell Les - Edmonton beckons his return. We could use his quitar out here for the Logspiels.

Sorry bud, you're shit out of luck there; Kevin & I have Les recruited to our Logspeil team this year. All I can say is the Privates better watch out ... we will cream them both on the ice, and off!!  >:D

You do know his 9erD is now in and posted here as an RMS clerk don't you?? Basic at the age of 50. Good on her.

Oh, and Les anxiously awaits your arrival via the "autobahn" -- that cracked him up tonight.

This board is awesome, they scr*wed me big time at the RC.
I sure won't sign my contract now and will go study Basic Marine Navigation at the community college instead. I would have endured 3 months of BT for nothing.

Thank you all, I won't be coming back to the board, I got all the info i needed.
Bye

Johnf1981 said:
This board is awesome, they scr*wed me big time at the RC.
I sure won't sign my contract now and will go study Basic Marine Navigation at the community college instead. I would have endured 3 months of BT for nothing.

Thank you all, I won't be coming back to the board, I got all the info i needed.
Bye

They didn't screw you big time at all.

You think you'd be mature enough to realize that you were joining the military ie The Canadian Forces.

Not the Navy, not the Army, and not the Air Force.

Good riddance, and thank you for not wasting the CFs time any longer.

He did seem a little confused about joining up and the ramifications of a purple trade. Anyways better to have discovered now and not later that it was not what he wanted.

ArmyVern said:
They didn't screw you big time at all.

You think you'd be mature enough to realize that you were joining the military ie The Canadian Forces.

Not the Navy, not the Army, and not the Air Force.

Good riddance, and thank you for not wasting the CFs time any longer.
Now not being nitpicky but then why are there seperate displays/banners/etc at recruiting events that emblazen each "named force" onto their own areas?

Spartan said:
Now not being nitpicky but then why are there seperate displays/banners/etc at recruiting events that emblazen each "named force" onto their own areas?

Excuse me??

A question like this from someone BMQ qualified?

Just what did you enlist into?? The Canadian Forces?? Did you swear an oath to anything other than the Queen, your government, and the Canadian Forces ... ??

You're right that each enviornement has it's logo, symbols etc ... but so does the CF ... and the last time I checked the sides of the Recruiting van (2 weeks ago) ... it still said "join the Canadian Forces" (not to be nit picky), as do all those cool recruiting commercials on TV. Fight with "the Canadian Forces" .... gimme a friggin' break.  ::)

Perhaps maybe they're doing something different these days?

Back