• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Supporting our Wounded Soldiers - Discussion of Various Funds Available

Happy Canada Day Weekend Folks!! Just here to help you get acquainted with Wounded Warriors.ca.

Wounded Warriors of Canada, an independent not-for-profit charity that supports Canadian service members and veterans who suffer from Mental injuries such as PTSD.

The Wounded Warriors of Canada works closely with Veterans Affairs Canada, the Department of National Defence and a variety of caregivers to bring care and healing for injuries to the minds of service members.

Wounded Warriors.ca fully recognizes the priority to treat Operational Stress Injuries, like that of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and other OSIs. It is primarily a fundraising mechanism that contributes to existing support programs that tend to Mentally injured soldiers.

In just three years, Wounded Warriors.ca has raised more than $1,700,000! The health of the fund is a credit to the benevolence of Canadian citizens and corporations alike.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2431856118/

dileas

tess

I realize the date on the last post on this thread but has anyone heard if they were selected to attend this years WW Weekend in Chilliwack.? 

krustyrl said:
I realize the date on the last post on this thread but has anyone heard if they were selected to attend this years WW Weekend in Chilliwack.?

The Weekend has been cancelled, this was posted by Blake Emmons, the founder.

It is with heavy heart that I regret to inform everyone that we were met with some challenges in Chilliwack that have proven to be insurmountable. I have spent the last two days teleconferencing with my Board of Directors. We took into consideration all potential avenues and have made the incredibly difficult decision to cancel our Wounded Warriors Weekend event in Chilliwack. We carefully considered the integrity of all concerned when we made our decision and are deeply appreciative of all those who have supported our previous Wounded Warriors Weekends. Unfortunately, we were unable to raise sufficient funds this year to present our Wounded Warriors Weekend in the same manner as in previous years. Please stay connected with us as we will continue to press forward on a future event. Next years plans have already been made to return to Nipawin, the birthplace of Wounded Warriors Weekend.

Blake Emmons - Founder

dileas

tess

Thanks 48th Regulator, sadly this happened. Would you mind if I re-posted this on FB, there are a lot of people waiting to hear.?

PARAMEDIC CHIEFS OF CANADA PARTNER WITH WOUNDED WARRIORS CANADA TO LAUNCH EPAULETTE CAMPAIGN
https://woundedwarriors.ca/paramedic-chiefs-canada-partner-wounded-warriors-canada-launch-slip-red-campaign/
“Paramedics Chiefs of Canada are honoured to be supporting Wounded Warriors Canada for this SLIP ON YOUR RED Campaign.  Awareness and funds from this campaign will directly support mental health initiatives for both the Military and Public Safety Personnel.”

Not in Peel Region ( part of the GTA ):
“Not to say that I am downplaying Wounded Warriors but we have a service to run and have an identification that needs to be maintained. I can't be issuing directives for epaulettes to change in cause and style type for every cause that is out there."

( I think they got the rank insignia wrong. When I was on the job, Chiefs and Commanders out-ranked Superintendents. )

Attachments

• Wounded_Warriors_Canada_Paramedic_Chiefs_of_Canada_Partner_With.jpg
    Wounded_Warriors_Canada_Paramedic_Chiefs_of_Canada_Partner_With.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 336
Back