• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

switching file from a competitive merit list for full to reserves.

INGm

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there I'm new and I was wondering if it was possible to switch my file from the competitive merit list for the regular forces to the waiting list for the reserves?  I've been waiting for almost 6 months now and it seems like I have no luck, so I was thinking of joining reserves first and maybe it will be easier to get into a fulltime position after a year or so; if that is possible.

Get in touch with the CFRC handling your application and ask them to switch to a reserve unit.  You're probably going to have to redo some of the process however (Trade Selection Interview specifically).

INGm said:
Hi there I'm new and I was wondering if it was possible to switch my file from the competitive merit list for the regular forces to the waiting list for the reserves?   I've been waiting for almost 6 months now and it seems like I have no luck, so I was thinking of joining reserves first and maybe it will be easier to get into a fulltime position after a year or so; if that is possible.

Find a reserve unit that will take you and they can contact the recruiting centre to make the change.  It is not up to the centre to find you a reserve position.  If your file is current the switch should be seamless with you being enrolled very fast.

Back