• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Syria Superthread [merged]

tomahawk6 said:
Regime change in Syria that involves the replacement of the Baath Party would really transform that region and yank out the props under Hizbollah. It would also strengthen Lebanon. Right now Hizbollah is very close to usurping the leadership of Lebanon from the elected government. This would be a very dangerous pattern for future countries that host powerful terror groups.
that's not acurate, as the "elected" government was put in place by Syria.

Here is another Syrian view. However, it is not the familiar soft spoken ambassador noted above who is often a guest on CNN to provide uniformed North Americans with the warm & fuzzy view of his government.

It is the Syrian Deputy Minister of Religious Endowment, Dr. Muhammad Al-Sattar calling for Jihad and likening Jews to the descendants of Apes and Pigs.

It aired July 21st  on Syrian TV.   

http://www.memritv.org/view.asp?P1=1206

I can only imagine what kind of reaction there would have been if a member of the US Congress or a member of any western parliament had made a remark likening Muslims to the descendants of Apes and Pigs?

Regime change in Syria that involves the replacement of the Baath Party would really transform that region and yank out the props under Hizbollah. It would also strengthen Lebanon. Right now Hizbollah is very close to usurping the leadership of Lebanon from the elected government. This would be a very dangerous pattern for future countries that host powerful terror groups.

Any regime change in ANY Arab government ANY where in the ME will produce (if democratic) an Islamist government. If a puppet regime is installed that does not abide to the people's and armed forces well, it will be toppled in few years. This had happened before during the colonial wars of 1920s and will happen in the future. Latest examples:

Algeria 1994 produced democratic Islamic party as majority
Turkey 2000, Islamic party...
Iran, Islamic party....
Iraq, Islamic party (Sheaa).....
Palestine, Islamic party.....
Jordan (Islamist are majority)......
Egypt (The Muslim Brotherhood on the rise again)......
Lebanon (mark my word, the next democratic government will be mostly Islamists).
Mauritania (keep an eye there as Islamist gain popularity)...
Saudi Arabia (local elections produced a sweeping win for conservative officials)
Kuwait ...... conservatives holding power in the parliament.

I don't know what change the U.S. is seeking, but any change happens after now will produce an Islamic majority. As I said it before, Israel and the US has the best chance to make peace now with the current Arab regimes.

that's not accurate, as the "elected" government was put in place by Syria.

Incorrect, the current Lebanese government is 100% democratic with no intervention at all from Syria. The pro-Syrian members in the parliament are smaller than the Saad Hariri coalition (the majority party).

The events occurring in Lebanon now would never have never happened should Syria had remained in Lebanon. It is an irony! Obviously, when the Syrians were in Lebanon, they'd interfere in all aspects of people lives, but for the very least people had a life!

"Democracy" is only a method.

Perhaps many of the cultures in the Arab middle east need to go through a constitutional monarchy or a total social rebuild similar to Japan post 1945 in order to create the social and political organizations which are needed to create a stable society and prevent (or at least limit the possibility of) takovers by radical elements.

Perhaps many of the cultures in the Arab middle east need to go through a constitutional monarchy or a total social rebuild similar to Japan post 1945 in order to create the social and political organizations which are needed to create a stable society and prevent (or at least limit the possibility of) takovers by radical elements.

This is what Britain and France have been doing in the region from 1920-1940 and look where it ended up !!! They used to shuffle things around Arab-Style ( We'll help you do this if you help us do that, then we'll help someone else against you so they help us achieve some other thing in another region....... )

From the Memri TV Project,

Here is Syrian cleric Muhammad Al-Bouti on Al Manar (aka Hezbollah TV) saying it is perfectly OK to bomb and destroy American, Israeli, & other groups "hostile to Islam" around the world.

http://www.memritv.org/view.asp?P1=1230

Here is Syrian cleric Muhammad Al-Bouti on Al Manar (aka Hezbollah TV) saying it is perfectly OK to bomb and destroy American, Israeli, & other groups "hostile to Islam" around the world.

Wasn't there a post on these forums that talked about a radical Israeli Rabbi who claimed Arabs should be eliminated and killed. Everyone jumped on board that this is the opinion of one radical should not be taken as the opinion of the whole nation , or am I wrong here ?

tamouh said:
or am I wrong here ?
yes, you are, and you know it. There are no huge rallies in Israel calling for the deaths of all Muslims. There are no enormous outpourings of hatred amongst Jews aimed at any race or religion. In the rabbi's (we'll continue to call him that, although he's hardly a man of God) case, it IS a single oddity, whereas amongst the Muslim community, it's virtually the status quo.

You're trolling again.

yes, you are, and you know it. There are no huge rallies in Israel calling for the deaths of all Muslims. There are no enormous outpourings of hatred amongst Jews aimed at any race or religion. In the rabbi's (we'll continue to call him that, although he's hardly a man of God) case, it IS a single oddity, whereas amongst the Muslim community, it's virtually the status quo.

Does Syria occupy ANY Israeli land ? Is Syria in violation of ANY UN resolutions ?  NO!

While on the other hand, Israel occupies illegally lands since 1967 in a legal war which Israel started against its Arabs neighbours, AND Israel is in complete violation of UN resolutions since 1967 until our nowday.

p.s. Jews live in Syria too and the Syrian constitution guarantees their safety. Syrians nor any Arabs have any problems with Jews, but they have issues with settlers occupying their land and that happens to be extremist Jews, so they simply are mixing the two together. Same with the war on Terror, we all respect the Muslim community, yet it seems most Terrorists nowadays are belonging to extrimist Muslim ideology.

United Nations Holds Canada In Continuing Violation of Lubicon Human Rights
http://www.tao.ca/~FOL/pa/humanr.htm

...I guess we don't have the same good friends in high places like Syria does.

tamouh said:
Does Syria occupy ANY Israeli land ?

Nope. But we all know that is not by choice huh.

tamouh said:
Is Syria in violation of ANY UN resolutions ?  NO!

LOL, I dont think you are looking closely enough. No surprise there.

tamouh said:
Does Syria occupy ANY Israeli land ? Is Syria in violation of ANY UN resolutions ?  NO!

While on the other hand, Israel occupies illegally lands since 1967 in a legal war which Israel started against its Arabs neighbours, AND Israel is in complete violation of UN resolutions since 1967 until our nowday.

p.s. Jews live in Syria too and the Syrian constitution guarantees their safety. Syrians nor any Arabs have any problems with Jews, but they have issues with settlers occupying their land and that happens to be extremist Jews, so they simply are mixing the two together. Same with the war on Terror, we all respect the Muslim community, yet it seems most Terrorists nowadays are belonging to extrimist Muslim ideology.
how is this, in any way, a response to my post? What point did you address? We were discussing a specific rabbi's extremist philosophy, and you brought this up. Some sort of bizarre tangent. THAT is why you are so often accused of trolling.

A bizarre tangent that was quickly shot down.......so for once, address the view that Paracowboy proposed to you.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
United Nations Holds Canada In Continuing Violation of Lubicon Human Rights
http://www.tao.ca/~FOL/pa/humanr.htm

...I guess we don't have the same good friends in high places like Syria does.

Syria as well has been criticized negatively for its human rights. However, no UN security resolutions on this subject. You're comparing apples to oranges.

tamouh said:
Syria as well has been criticized negatively for its human rights. However, no UN security resolutions on this subject. You're comparing apples to oranges.

There might not have been any UN resolutions on the matter, But I have seen Syrian Police and Troops clear a demonstration.  They didn't seem to care about human rights when they were firing on the crowd.

paracowboy: My response is directly related to your point. Why do Syrians rally against Israel and call for the destruction of Israel ?? Because simply Israel is occupying their land. You're saying the Israelis are not protesting against Syrians, why should they ? No Arab nation is occupying an Israeli land.

Which goes to take us back to the Rabbi vs Sheikh issue. Why would you stand with a Rabbi tgat says death to all Arabs, while Israel occupies those Arabs lands!

So if the Six Nations in Brantford started chanting "death to all white men",...thats OK?

tamouh said:
paracowboy: My response is directly related to your point. Why do Syrians rally against Israel and call for the destruction of Israel ?? Because simply Israel is occupying their land.

::)

That is very convenient twisting of the facts. The Golan was NOT OCCUPIED until MULTIPLE ATTACKS over multiple wars started by Syria! So what was the excuse before then.......

Oh yeah... The destruction of the State of Israel and the slaughtering of the Jews. Seems like a recurring Syrian theme.

Tamouh, you just don't get it. When a nation deliberately starts a war of conquest and THEN LOSES!, if the price to pay is the forfeiture of some land to try to guarantee the security of the attacked party, then thats just too bad.

Ring.... Ring.......

Hey Tamouh.... The Prussians just called. They want Poland back!

Bruce:

So if the Six Nations in Brantford started chanting "death to all white men",...thats OK?

I don't have well understanding of the Canadian Aboriginal subject and what were the agreements/laws governing this relation, so I'd not comment on something I don't know about. But we all agree Hate is Hate. Whether you say death to Jews, Muslims, Christians , White, Black, Indo, English, Arabic, Chinese .....hate is not tolerable.

;D

LOL.... making a swoooshing motion over my head and making a race car sound.

Back