• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrade: Please Report Problems

Thank you for the answer Mike.
I've had the same problem as the others.

I never tried the landscape method.
That may be the long term work around for now.

I was unable to connect for about three hours this AM. Got "Connection problem ... server might be too busy" or "No data received" messages.

Edited to add:

And based on a quick look at whose on-line I'm guessing I wasn't the only one.

There was an issue (several, actually). Most of the delay for coming back online was because I didn't know we were off. We were stuck in a sort of "half broken" phase where my monitoring tools were tricked into thinking things might be OK, but they were definitely not.

Should be all fixed up (for) now. :)

Thanks Nfld Sapper for bringing this to my attention.

For the first time in many weeks I got this: "Server too busy, please try again in a few minutes..." for about 30 minutes, just until now.

OK, thanks, but I just got this: "Google Chrome could not load the webpage because army.ca took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection." for about 15 minutes, until just now ... my internet connection was working well.

OK, made some changes and it seems to be stabilizing. Sorry about the outages throughout the day today!

Mike Bobbitt said:
OK, made some changes and it seems to be stabilizing. Sorry about the outages throughout the day today!

No need to apologize Mike,.......you have a life,....we have army.ca. ;D

Bruce Monkhouse said:
No need to apologize Mike,.......you have a life,....we have army.ca. ;D

:nod:  What he said, Mike ... thanks for all you do for us.

I had the "green screen of death" for about an hour this morning...

System reboot??

It may very well have been three hours, I wasn't on that early...  ;)

Yeah, the server was being crushed by a few bad guys out there. Blocked at the firewall, then completed an OS upgrade to help ensure they can't do more than juggle the doorknob. There may be sporadic (brief) outages today as I tweak a few more things.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Yeah, the server was being crushed by a few bad guys out there. Blocked at the firewall, then completed an OS upgrade to help ensure they can't do more than juggle the doorknob. There may be sporadic (brief) outages today as I tweak a few more things.

Good to know our defenses working.....

So I may have been wrong about both "brief" and "sporadic" however we are making some progress. Server load is down from 50-90 to 5 at the moment. Aiming for a load of 1-2 for normal operations.

Mike Bobbitt said:
So I may have been wrong about both "brief" and "sporadic" however we are making some progress. Server load is down from 50-90 to 5 at the moment. Aiming for a load of 1-2 for normal operations.

50066327.jpg

Back