• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrade: Please Report Problems

I am able to get on now, however the layout seems a bit different (not sure if intentional or not), the top left corner links appear to be different.  I am using a PC running windows 8.1 and my browser is the 64 bit.

Thanks for the info. Something like that is never intentional. :) Should be OK now. Or should I say, "for now." ;)

Edit: System load of 0.25 achieved, stepping away before I find evidence that this was not a success.

E.R. Campbell said:
Ah, now I see ... I was using/always use it in landscape; so yes, I have the same problem in "vertical" mode: the person's name/avatar takes up half the screen, leaving too little space for the text.

Fringe benefit of scouring the site for problems: I think I have improved the mobile experience slightly. :)

Sweet. I like the feel of the mobile layout.

Thank you Mike.  ;D

It caught me off guard at first, but works much better.  Thank you,  Mike.

Mike.....the 'staff bar' that shows us new registrations, banned users, and how much everyone has in their bank accounts is pushed over all onto the right side of the screen.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Mike.....the 'staff bar' that shows us new registrations, banned users, and how much everyone has in their bank accounts is pushed over all onto the right side of the screen.

If it shows anything but a negative balance in my account, it's wrong. ;D

Bruce Monkhouse said:

It's a limitation of the Canada Day theme, it'll go back to normal once we stop bleeding from the eyes seeing red.

I don't know is this is an upgrade issue, but I cannot award Milpoints. I was trying to award Milpoints and when I clicked on "Award" I got this message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /milpoints/assess.php on this server.

It is related, I upgraded the attack dogs, but now they are slightly rabid. I'll take a look at toning them down a bit. :)

OK, got that one, but there are likely others lurking. To all, please let me know if you get a 403 Forbidden page anywhere else on the site.

Cheers
Mike

Mike Bobbitt said:
OK, got that one, but there are likely others lurking. To all, please let me know if you get a 403 Forbidden page anywhere else on the site.

Cheers
Mike

Not for me, Mike: I still get the ominous "Forbidden" message when I try to award Milpoints ... rabid attack dogs, indeed! ;)

Worked for me ERC.....just gave you 25.  It did take a while to process though....

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Worked for me ERC.....just gave you 25.  It did take a while to process though....

Hmmm ... maybe it is the reverse of an earlier problem where Mods were shut out of something but mere mortals could play as they wished.

Anyway, I'm trying to give OldGateBoatDriver +300 Milpoints for a very good, very informative post but I still get this ...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /milpoints/assess.php on this server.

Edit: typo

I just tried to give E.R. Campbell points and I got the 403 Forbidden page.

Guard dogs have been trained to make your post look a little less spam-y, please give it another try. :)

Mike Bobbitt said:
Guard dogs have been trained to make your post look a little less spam-y, please give it another try. :)

Just tried with no luck.

OK, I think you may be able to sneak past now. One more time?

It worked, Mike; thank you ... in fact, Thank You  for all you do for us here on Army.ca:salute:

Back