• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tattoo Photo Thread

what about rings on your hand? Is any ring allowed? or just wedding bands? or not even those either?

Yes you are allowed to wear a wedding band as long it does not pose safety hazard (like any job) and I've seen members wearing school rings but that's it.

From CF Dress Instructions

JEWELLERY BIJOUX
6. The only jewellery that may be worn in
uniform shall be a wrist watch, a service-issued ID
tag, a Medical Alert chain identifier, a maximum of
two rings which are not of a costume jewellery nature
and a tie tack/clasp. Additional rings may only be
worn where they indicate professional standing, such
as an engineer, or are worn with a wedding band as
a single set indicating betrothal or fidelity, e.g., an
engagement or an anniversary ring. Safety
regulations should always prevail, especially in
workshops, warehouses or during operations.

Just remember, tattoos do not last forever, especially when you got some belligerent trying to fix your design using his rifle!!

Dileas

tess

Pictured here is what is left of my Cap Badge I had tattooed on my arm.

BTW I wore my regimenatal ring the whole time I was in, without a problem at all.  In fact I once hid it wrapped around my dog tags, and was chastised by a reg force SGT, he said feel proud of my regiment and wear it.

dunno different times I guess...

leeb127 said:
Thanks alot, you clerified my question to the fullest extent.

Not really....a ring if caught in machinery, a heavy weapon, or even while crossing an obstacle can tear your finger off.   That was amply shown to me one night when a friend hopped a twelve foot fence and caught his ring, holding his descent for a few seconds.    He didn't loose the finger, but it took surgery to cut the ring out and off.   The doctor gave him a choice; save the ring or the finger.

the 48th regulator said:
Just remember, tattoos do not last forever, especially when you got some belligerent trying to fix your design using his rifle!!

Ouch! That looks like it hurt! Is that the way it scared?

gunshot wound, The Doctors took a piece of my upper thigh and replaced what was missing on the arm by grafting it into place.

Happened overseas.  I have talked about it before in threads, my first ones in fact.

tess

Pfft, I'm sure the ladies love it even more now. You're still ahead of the game IMO.

I have recently completed my CFAT,interview,physical fitness test,and medical. My question is: at my medical they asked me if I had any tattoos and at the time I didn't, but now I want to go get the tat that I've wanted for a long time. Since I said that I didn't have any at my medical, do I have to call the recruiting office and let them know that I'm getting a tattoo?

Most likely the reason they asked was incase you were infected with hiv or hepatitis from a "dirty" tatoo job. As well when you receive your military id you will have to declare any tatoos. As long as you go to a "clean" shop and the tatoo is not offensive or on your face, hands,neck and the healing process does not affect anything you do, then you shouldn't need to tell anyone.

my tattoo is the picture on the left there <<< i'm gonna be getting another one after SQ and BIQ around september

Quick question,

Is there any particular reason why tattoos above the collar are no longer permissable? Is it simply a matter of looking professional or is there something else behind this?

You have answered your own queston.

We represent the Canadian people not just a sub-sect. For the most part we are seen as clean cut, law abiding citizens. Tattoos above the neck line does not fit that profile.

GF

RN PRN said:
You have answered your own queston.

We represent the Canadian people not just a sub-sect. For the most part we are seen as clean cut, law abiding citizens. Tattoos above the neck line does not fit that profile.

GF

Really.  I find it unfortunate that a country that prides itself on its readiness to accept all people regardless of race, religion, color or creed would then be so quick to judge those with visible tattoos.

Hope everyones sarcasm detectors are properly calibrated.

I'm yet to run into this civilian ideal that the Army; OOPS... I mean "CF" is clean mouthed, civilized, upstanding law-abiding citizens. On the contrary, theres many out there that view the Army as the total opposite.

Back