• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tattoo Photo Thread

J-Swift, maybe i'm simply calling BS when it isnt the case, and if i am I apologize. With that said, Photoshop 7 has some great features now that could actually make that text conform to your arm a lot better than simply typing text over it...  ::)

its funny how a simple question turned into everyone posting photos of their gay tattoos, i mean who gets their name tattooed on themselves , come on !

I don't think gay people will appreciate you associating them with stupid tattoos......

Britney Spears said:
I don't think gay people will appreciate you associating them with stupid tattoos......

It's a figure of speach

Main Entry: 1gay
Pronunciation: 'gA
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French gai
1 a : happily excited : MERRY b : keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits

Maybe he meant it as this way....as I guess my tattoo can be misinterpreted as being jolly..

dileas

tess

or maybe we're tip toeing around an extremely petty topic altogether?

Wanna start picking away at these things, how many of you have said "thats wicked", "thats sick" or "is the sh|ts". Thats what i thought...

Only on Army.ca could a thread about tatoos "de-evolve" into a debate on homosexuality.........

Sh0rtbUs said:
or maybe we're tip toeing around an extremely petty topic altogether?

Or maybe he's pointing out that using "gay" as a derogatory term isn't acceptable in an open forum (and probably violates the Conduct Guidelines).  We most likely have some gay members here, so give your head a shake.

Infanteer said:
Or maybe he's pointing out that using "gay" as a derogatory term isn't acceptable in an open forum (and probably violates the Conduct Guidelines).  We most likely have some gay members here, so give your head a shake.

I believe Aesop made his point clearer than I could. I wont stumble around, terrified that i'm going to offend somebody, as its virtually impossible. If someone takes such great offence to saying "thats gay", than i would suggest THEY give their head a shake.It IS against the Conduct Guidelines in fact, that i am not argueing. What i am pointing out, is the level of sensitivity paid to something so "petty" and insignificant.

::)

Sh0rtbUs said:
I believe Aesop pointed made his point clearer than I could. I wont stumble around, terrified that i'm going to offend somebody, as its virtually impossible. If someone takes such great offence to saying "thats gay", than i would suggest THEY give their head a shake. it is against the Conduct Guidelines in fact, that i am not argueing. What i am pointing out, is the level of sensitivity paid to something so "petty" and insignificant.

::)

I couldn't agree with you more !!

wack-in-iraq said:
i mean who gets their name tattooed on themselves , come on !

clearly I do, and what...

and shortbus, that is my tattoo...

J-Swift said:
clearly I do, and what...

and shortbus, that is my tattoo...

Maybe its just the photo and the angle it was taken at, that leads me to believe it was photoshopped.

When I was in, I thought about getting something patriotic, yet unique.  Everyone and their dog had a  :cdn: or a maple leaf.

The three options I pondered were the Canadian coat-of-arms, the old Canadian Army emblem with the crossed swords superimposed on the stem of three maple leaves, surmounted by a Crown, or my regimental crest.  I was inspired to get something unique when in Wainwright, I saw a Welsh Fusilier with the Welsh coat-of-arms (ICH DIEN) tattoed on his forearm.  Patriotic, yet unique.

In the end, I didn't get any.  Life/other priorities, etc.

Edited for clarity.

The best Tattoo I have ever seen was of the Canadian emblem put on the left breast just above the heart. I believe there are quite a few men with it from "C" coy Winnipeg in 1988-90.  They got them in Germany and I tell ya.....that Tattoo said it all...didn't matter if you were Army, Airforce, or Navy....what mattered was that you were CANADIAN  :cdn:

Enough said

Sue

Some advice, if you are a soldier, I would not have a tat showing on your arm below your summer dress shirt.

I have no issue with tats, I have tats. Don't put anything on that can change in the future ie: girlfriend's name, wife's name, etc.

Small and simple are better. If you decide you want it removed it, it cost $800.00 per square inch. May be more or less now.

Think hard and long before it. Its with you to the grave.

Back