• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

TCAT-PCAT info and questions ( merged )

meni0n said:
Did your MO send your TCat to DMed or was the review done automatically?

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

TCAT request went to D Med Pol many months ago.  In their review, they noted it hadn't gone through the air factor review.  This has now been done, so back to D Med Pol for their recommendations, and I have it from a reliable source that they are leaning toward PCAT.  There was hope of improvement at the time of the last medical, but we seem to be past that currently.  Total time on TCAT to this point has been nearly 3 years - at first one was waiting for surgery.  Lag in times to get booked in for reboard medicals and processing time has ended up here, with an additional surgery and a new issue cropping up in the interim needing treatment.

CountDC- you are also correct.  Usually, if mbr is still undergoing treatment/recovery with reasonable expectation of return to fitness, they can go longer, but currently the 4th TCAT does need D Med Pol review.

We shall see how long it takes now to hear the outcome.

To tell you the truth I am so tired with dealing with all of this stuff, I'd rather just get a PCAT and get med released.

I hear you.  Starting to feel the same.  Just getting tired of it all.  Not making any decisions until I see what they have to say.  In the meantime, I suppose I should go see VAC at some point, as one of the injuries happened in Afghanistan, and the OSI stuff was from there too.  Husband retired this year into a public service job, we're sort of biding time to get youngest kid sorted out and then move to our retirement location.  There are decidedly some days when doing that sooner than later is most appealing.  Trying to get relief from the health issues is also tiring.

Happened to check my MPRR today after a prompt from my OR about yellow APRV items.  It seems DMedPol has completed their review, as my med cat, which last was G4(T6) O4(T6) A7(T6) from date of 3rd TCAT now reads G4 O4 A7 dated my last reboard medical date (the one sent in requesting 4th TCAT).  I see my MO next week, so will ask to see the official notes.  I believe notification of this along with sending to DMCA comes via CoC, who has been away this week.  I have no delusions that G4 O4 isn't high risk if not outright breaching UoS.  Have put in a request to meet with a case manager, seems they're all away at some training session.  Hoping to find out more clearly where things are at before going on leave in a week. 

Well, is confirmed, D Med Pol decision is PCAT G4O4 with high risk MELs.  Now off to DMCA.  Am expecting 1-4 months to hear back, based on what I have read/heard.  Continuing treatment for both MH and physical issues in the meantime. My MO is sending a prompt to case manager to set up an appointment.  A somewhat disturbing place to find oneself in.

Sorry to hear that. Is it DMCA that will decide that the PCAT warrants a medical release? If that happens, you could always ask for the three year accommodation.

Just back from leave and am told my disclosure package is in.  Won't see it until end of the week as my boss is away.  Will wait until I read it all, digest and discuss with husband before I decide what to do with that.  Apparently DMCA works fairly quickly, as it came in just over 4 weeks from when PCAT was determined by DMedPol.

Hello,

I tried searching to no avail.

I have a TCAT review soon for my knee. What does a TCAT review consist of?

Thank you.

DWS said:
Hello,

I tried searching to no avail.

I have a TCAT review soon for my knee. What does a TCAT review consist of?

Thank you.
An appointment to go over how you're doing, if you're making progress, and to see if you can come off your category or will it need to be extended.

MM

Update. DMCA disclosure states I am breaching UOS.  Have submitted my representation with retention request today.  Happened to have Career Mgr interview last week, says he’s going to approve request for retention, given my position.  Have had meetings with Case Mgr, IPSC and VAC in the meantime. 

Does a PCAT disqualify someone from PLQ where the member is no longer in trade specs for multiple categories (V G H etc)?

It could. It depends.
I can't see the V CV H or A factors affecting anything. But the G and O factors definitely could. Especially if one of your PCAT limitations says no weapons handling or unfair operational environment/unfit field. Or PT restrictions.
A TCAT/PCAT is not supposed to hinder you from getting promoted as long as you can still do the job, but going to the field and handling weapons are part of PLQ.

Looked through the forum, couldn't find anything specific to my question.

Would a member on TCat due to a physical injury be precluded from attending QL5 due to said TCat, if that member can attend all classes and complete all coursework?

I ask because the joining instructions list a physical test day 1, but from my understanding, this isn't done anymore, maybe the joining instructions haven't been updated yet.

Thanks everyone

It depends on the course.
Some courses require the member to be physically fit to be put on the course. If the course is mainly academic and not physical then you might be ok.

It may be in the qualification standard for that course. Id just contact the school that runs the ql5 and ask.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

trooper142 said:
Looked through the forum, couldn't find anything specific to my question.

Would a member on TCat due to a physical injury be precluded from attending QL5 due to said TCat, if that member can attend all classes and complete all coursework?

I ask because the joining instructions list a physical test day 1, but from my understanding, this isn't done anymore, maybe the joining instructions haven't been updated yet.

Thanks everyone
Seeing as you're MP...

Your chain of command needs to send your TCAT and any MEL amendments that you may have received since the TCAT was issued, to CFMPA.  The final decision is made by the Academy on a case by case basis.

PT is still a requirement on the QL5, and 6A, and 6B...

garb811 said:
Seeing as you're MP...

Your chain of command needs to send your TCAT and any MEL amendments that you may have received since the TCAT was issued, to CFMPA.  The final decision is made by the Academy on a case by case basis.

PT is still a requirement on the QL5, and 6A, and 6B...

This is what I was looking for! Thanks garb811!

Fingers crossed

Back