• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Terroists being deported to countries that allow torture, to extract info.

foxtwo said:
I remember one time where a man was held in a Syrian jail and because he was being tortured so much he had to lie to his captor's and say he was going to bomb the Canadian Parliament Buildings...

That is bovine excerment. Check your work.

Convicted terrorist pleads poor health to avoid deportation
Canadian Press
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060705.wissa0705/BNStory/National/

HAMILTON — A convicted terrorist fighting deportation says his failing health should entitle him to remain in Canada.

Mahmoud Mohammad Issa Mohammad turns 64 in two weeks and says he's too sick to be deported to Lebanon.

His diabetes, heart failure and hepatitis would be exacerbated if he were to be sent back, Mr. Mohammad's lawyer Barbara Jackman has argued
Mr. Mohammad is a former member of the Palestinian Front for the Liberation of Palestine. He was part of the terrorist team that hijacked an Israeli airliner in Athens on Dec. 26, 1968, killing an Israeli citizen.

In March, 1970, a Greek court convicted Mr. Mohammad of manslaughter and other offences and sentenced him to 17 years in prison.

Four months later, six Palestinian commandos hijacked an Olympic Airways airliner and threatened to blow up the plane if the Greek government did not release Mr. Mohammad. He was granted a pardon and left, only to turn up in Brantford, Ont., in 1987.

Canada began deportation proceedings against him in 1988 after learning he lied about his criminal past to get into Canada.

Mr. Mohammad has been fighting that battle since. And his latest appeal means the convicted killer could string out the process years longer.

More on link

Why send him to Lebanon......Send him to Greece where he can serve out his prison term.

When? After he dies of old age here?

Cremation doesn't cost that much...let's do it now, before it becomes too expensive... ;D

lovely idea....just lovely...giggle  ;D

The British government is singled out for criticism for adopting a policy of 'extradition at all costs' to overcome the problem of monitoring alleged terror suspects where there is insufficient evidence to try them in this country.
This sounds like an effective policy. To me, the sending state should not have to accomodate terror suspects. When they show up on the police radar screen = they should be removed. 

Ditto: the values values that these countries represent are the exact same values that many terrorist groups today claim they are fighting for.  In the case of a Muslim terrorist whose primary goal is the establishment of a society that follows Sharia law, why should they be afraid of going back to a country that has a justice system based on Sharia law?  It only proves the case that they are not supporting the religion or law, they are merely supporting the attempt to acquire power.

Centurian1985 said:
Ditto: the values values that these countries represent are the exact same values that many terrorist groups today claim they are fighting for.  In the case of a Muslim terrorist whose primary goal is the establishment of a society that follows Sharia law, why should they be afraid of going back to a country that has a justice system based on Sharia law?  It only proves the case that they are not supporting the religion or law, they are merely supporting the attempt to acquire power.

Interesting point.  I wonder if any Crown Attorney has used that logic in the courts to justify their extradition?

One of my favorite points. Too 'outside the box' for many legal hounds...they keep getting sidetracked by the human rights aspects...which while valid in many cases doesnt explain why terrorists are afraid to face the same legal system they claim to be fighting for...

Centurian1985 said:
One of my favorite points. Too 'outside the box' for many legal hounds...they keep getting sidetracked by the human rights aspects...which while valid in many cases doesnt explain why terrorists are afraid to face the same legal system they claim to be fighting for...

This could be used effectively here in Canada, as various Muslim groups were heard before the Ontario Human Rights Commission demanding that Sharia law be recognised as a valid and legal method of settling disputes between Muslims.

We could simply apply the punishments that would be appropriate in applicable "pioneer" nations in the area of Sharia law - like Saudi Arabia.

"For your crimes against the state, you will be tortured, raped, and killed, in accordance with Allah's wish, and yours, demonstrated by your desire to implement Sharia law here" In Sh'allah

GO!!! said:
This could be used effectively here in Canada, as various Muslim groups were heard before the Ontario Human Rights Commission demanding that Sharia law be recognised as a valid and legal method of settling disputes between Muslims.

That argument tends to fall apart based on the fact that many Muslims moved here to escape the Sharia law system and do not want to be forced to be part of the system.  I have read in the past that several women's groups do not consider Sharia law to be a 'valid and legal method' of settling disputes because of the Sharia law tendency to lay blame on women for the crimes of men (i.e. rape), as well as other infringements of their rights under Canadian law (i.e. rights that allow them access to education, decisions on what they can wear in public, etc.).     

Back