• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thanks.

scottyeH?

Inactive
Reaction score
I would just like to thank everyone on the forums for your help and support...answering all the question's us new guys have asked.

Just got the call today 4days after being fully processed, and I got a job offer for PPCLI ( not sure on which regiment ) Start basic October 31st - Feburary 3rd. I hope after my basic and other training I will meet some of you guys on the field.

Thanks again.

Scott. :cdn:

scottyeH? said:
I got a job offer for PPCLI ( not sure on which regiment )
you just said which Regiment. I think you mean you don't know which Battalion you're going to.

Because if they told you Regiment than that would mean that you got offered a much better combat trade....
:rofl:

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Because if they told you Regiment than that would mean that you got offered a much better combat trade....
:rofl:

umm... what do you mean? and whats with the two white triangles hitting eachother rolling accross the screen?

paracowboy said:
you just said which Regiment. I think you mean you don't know which Battalion you're going to.

lol...yah sorry your correct :)

Not sure if I'm going to the 1st or 3rd in Edmonton (hopefully Edmonton cause I live in St. Albert right now, but you can't be to picky).. or the 2nd in Shilo.

And Bruce, what do you mean?

never mind Bruce. He thinks he's being funny. He confuses being funny with being funny-looking.
;)

Bruce is being funny with the fact Artillery units are Regiments (same with Engineer and Armoured) while Infantry units of the same size are Battalions and the Regiment is the whole Battalion family
  (We Infanteers dont need to compensate for some things, by adding Big sound names and big guns...  ;))

Just to let you know, Infantry Regiments are big - everybody else trys to pretend they're big by calling their battalions "Regiments"; not fooling anyone.  :blotto:

on a serious note (B flat, I think), I'm glad you got the call, and that this site was a help to you. Now, when you get the chance, tell 'em you want to go to 3 PPCLI.  ;)

congratulation scottyeH .just a question for ya. How long from the time you applied till you got the offer?

KevinB said:
Bruce is being funny with the fact Artillery units are Regiments (same with Engineer and Armoured) while Infantry units of the same size are Battalions and the Regiment is the whole Battalion family
  (We Infanteers dont need to compensate for some things, by adding Big sound names and big guns...   ;))
And I notice you guys don't post pics of your big yellow birds either!!  ;D We'll leave that to Bruce.

And Scott, now that you have your picture plastered all over this forum...I'm sure the folks like KevinB and Paracowboy will pick you out of the crowd right away..  >:D Better brush up on all your "NP" teachings (even before you volunteer yourself for the Basic Para Course) cause I have a feeling they will expect you to be well-versed in the "humping the ruck plodding step" technique etc etc long before you arrive at one of their "Battalions!" Good luck on your course!!  :D

Back