• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The adventures of bekkamgov and her Boyfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
bekkamgov said:
I know that is what your saying and I know all about it. My Great grandfather, my grandfather ,my grandmother and my brother were all in the military, so I know all about it. my mom has lived all over the world basically cause my grandfather was in the air force. My mom has told me that there is going to be alot of moving and things like that. I know that is part of it and I know he is going to be away alot. I just want to be with him as much as I can. When i can.

Roger that,

Just trying to help.  Sorry, I did not realize the familial knowledge you held, about the military.  I am the only one that has ever served the Canadian Military, in my clan.

I will stand down, and wish you all the best.

dileas

tess

How likely would it be for my boyfriend to get posted to Gagetown? Does he get to choose where he gets posted? He wants to be close to home. He said if he had a chose he would choose Gagetown or Halifax.

ESL?? Acadian; I'm a betting kind of woman.

He's going Sup Tech. There are Sup Techs on every base.

On his course, he will be asked to submit his top 3 posting choices; the CM will attempt to post him within his 3 choices, but - at the end of the day - he will get posted where-ever in Canada he is needed most.

I can tell you that we are currently a "red" trade. Filling of positions will go to Units who are higher on the Pri manning list first. Gagetown is not near the top of the list. That all being said, Gagetown IS home to the largest Sup Coy in the country so you never know.

All he can do is ask for his top 3 ... and cross his fingers that he gets one of them.

OH Yeah. And, once you're in the CF, "Home" is where you make it - not necessarily where you come from; I'd get used to that.  ;)

I hope so.I really want to stay close to home. I have never lived anywhere but New Brunswick.

I know i'm going to have to. I just don't really want to. my grandparent's were in the air force and my mom has lived all over Europe and canada.

While New Brunswick may be really nice (I have heard as much, but never been there myself), you may just find that stepping outside your little box and seeing the rest of what our great country has to have to offer is the best thing that has ever happened to you. If I were you, I wouldn't sweat it, Canada is a fantastic place and you can learn to love any part of it.

Other than Manitoba, nothing is in Manitoba :P

Yeah I know ehh. I have been in like every province just not living in..I just want my son to be close to his grandparents but I know it probably won't happen.

bekkamgov said:
Yeah I know ehh. I have been in like every province just not living in..I just want my son to be close to his grandparents but I know it probably won't happen.

...and even if you start out in Gagetown, you wont be staying for long.

bekkamgov said:
Maybe not..But who knows..

This may sound harsh, but it is my sincere wish that if you want to stay in Gagetown for your partner's entire career I hope that either he gets out after his first engagement or is willing to go unaccompanied around the country and world for the next 25 years and leave you in NB.

People refusing postings simply because they don't want to move only screw over others.  That is selfish not selfless and definitely not indicative of any sort of teamwork.

If you don't want to live in different places, don't join the CF in a trade that is employed everywhere.

bekkamgov said:

If you are not inclined to listen to the answers, please dont ask the question.

Most people who have commented here, have been at this a long time.

Umm..First I am thinking about my son first so i'm not being selfish..Second I know I probably will have to move. I just won't be happy about it. where I live is all I know.I've lived here since the day I was born.

So let me see if I have this right.

You want to up root everyone and everything. Move yourself and kid(s) to Borden while he's on course. Take a PMQ, yada yada. All in the hopes of getting posted back to NB after his course so you can move everyone and everything back there?

I think I can say in all honesty, that you are going to make him a very unpopular guy with his Chain of Command, besides causing him immeasurable grief while he's trying to learn his new trade and become an asset to the military.

Now that's just my  :2c: and I know you won't pay attention. I just want you to think back to all these posts from people that told you these were bad ideas, when everything falls apart in a couple of years.

I really hope it doesn't, but I've seen too much of this over the last 37 years to think otherwise.

bekkamgov said:

I'm a Sup Tech; I'm from Miramichi; I've been posted to Gagetown ... I know.

It's the only Army Base on the East Coast and there are faaaaarrrrrr more East Coaster Land Sup Techs with it listed as one of their 3 choices than there are positions.

If you get there, you get there --- do NOT plan onm making a career or even 1/2 a career of it; this I can promise you.

recceguy said:
So let me see if I have this right.

You want to up root everyone and everything. Move yourself and kid(s) to Borden while he's on course. Take a PMQ, yada yada. All in the hopes of getting posted back to NB after his course so you can move everyone and everything back there?

I think I can say in all honesty, that you are going to make him a very unpopular guy with his Chain of Command, besides causing him immeasurable grief while he's trying to learn his new trade and become an asset to the military.

Now that's just my  :2c: and I know you won't pay attention. I just want you to think back to all these posts from people that told you these were bad ideas, when everything falls apart in a couple of years.

I really hope it doesn't, but I've seen too much of this over the last 37 years to think otherwise.

A summary, that is completely bang on.

I need not say anymore, as Bedlham calls for me.

dileas

tess

AmmoTech90 said:
This may sound harsh, but it is my sincere wish that if you want to stay in Gagetown for your partner's entire career I hope that either he gets out after his first engagement or is willing to go unaccompanied around the country and world for the next 25 years and leave you in NB.

People refusing postings simply because they don't want to move
only screw over others.  That is selfish not selfless and definitely not indicative of any sort of teamwork.

If you don't want to live in different places, don't join the CF in a trade that is employed everywhere.

Interesting situation and here's the solution: that's when your CO turns your COS date into your release date.

Universality of service. Yes, it's been done before.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back