• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The air cadet thread

HuntKenny said:
I'm only a corporal and I can't wait to see what the new training year has in store for me and my squadron  :)

Give it your all and have fun.

I have been summoned on my summer holidays by cadets. It seems they want the drill team to go to Quebec City for some International Exchange drill thing. Can't wait!  :D

Yeah. I joined the drill team in level 1. i had no clue what to do. but i got used to it we didn't go to comp because the first aid team had a comp the exact same day. I hope that never happens again  :p

'lo, Hunt.

Not sure, to tell you the truth - you may well be the first.

Are you kidding me?, seeing as i've been here for almost two years............... :p

HuntKenny said:
i might be th3 first 848er? no. i see an 848er. i might me the second tho :p
hey there bud, nice too see another freindly onboard ;), welcome. :salute: :cdn:

Ahh, you beat me out Trakalo.

I'm a newbie to Army.Ca anyways.  ::)

So, what're you lot looking forward to in the new Cadet year?

Cheers,
Krisz

hey guys.. I'm in a bit of a self discussion here.. I'm on the junior first aid team and our captain aged out to the Senior team. I got the second highest on the test scores and i want to know if I'm going to be the captain of next years junior team

:argument:    

HuntKenny said:
hey guys.. I'm in a bit of a self discussion here.. I'm on the junior first aid team and our captain aged out to the Senior team. I got the second highest on the test scores and i want to know if I'm going to be the captain of next years junior team

:argument:    
Well refresh my memory a bit here......who else was on the junior team this year?,  because most likely they will choose thier descision upon rank and age (unfortunately not scores), believe me i was on the team for three years and never got anywhere............. ;)

:salute: :cdn:

hello again sgt Trakalo fellow 848er :p ther people on the team were ME 13 :king: Jordan Haley.13 Haley winning13/14 and ester kacey (no clue) but cprl ridout aged out of the junior soooooooo

HuntKenny said:

Well, since no-one here will be making the decision, the definitive army.ca answer is ..... maybe.

Next question for the magic eight-ball?

Thanks for the motivation because maybe is better than the answer i was thinkin about. Sometimes i dont think i get the job done on the first aid team. If i become captain though, i Will make sure to give it 100%!!! i even told that to the team :p

HuntKenny said:

hello again Sgt Trakalo fellow 848er :p ther people on the team were ME 13 :king: Jordan Haley.13 Haley winning13/14 and ester kacey (no clue) but cprl ridout aged out of the junior soooooooo

from the looks of this years teammembers, I'm going to say you've got the best chance of them all. but like everything else in this world (unfortunately) there's no guaranteeing anything.........but you'll get it this year ;D

:salute: :cdn:

Thanks for the motivation, I really appreciate it. If i become captain i will give it my all to make the team succeed  :king: :king:

for the first aid team!!

Deciding who's in Command is always a hassle.

One reason that I heard from a good friend why:
You want to give the Command to someone responsible, someone who can do a good job - someone who's proven themself to be a good leader. But at the same time, if you give Command to that same person, another person is thinking the exact same thing about this 'proven' NCO anyways. So, chances are he'll end up in Command of two things... then three. And unless he has the sense to say no, all it'll do is turn the once-lively and once-brilliant NCO into a burnt-out stressed husk.

Just my twopence,
Krisz

Does your staff know that you are actually interested in the position ? send a memo up the chain explaining that you are applying for the position and why you should get it, take the initiative, show that you want he job. 
Although Army.ca has a great pool of people and resources, it doesn't (to my knowledge) have a fortune teller on board.

regards,

PV

thanks, but i already told the coach that i would be a good captain next year. I just hope i get the position because i was the #2 almost the entire team year. When i first joined, I was the #4, next week i was the #3 and for a couple weeks i was the #3 until i took the course.. Ive been #2 ever since :) Maybe I'm not ready for the captain spot. Maybe they will leave me as #2 because now the captains gone, I'm the best member of the Junior team... maybe

While eagerness is appreciated, be careful not to become overzealous.  Telling your coach you would be a good captain shouldn't be done, as you don't know that.  Saying you'd try your best to help the team in the next year just might be though.

well true, but After the one millionth thought about it :p I honestly don't think that i am ready for the captain position of the first aid team. I will probably stay the #2 for the next year or so. I'll make sure to tell the forums when the team starts in January if i got it or not

Don't under estimate your own abilities either. Good luck with what ever you decide to pursue.

I just retired from air cadets as a FSGT and am now an army reserve eme officer and next year I am going reg force as an aere officer all I can say is that cadets is one of the best programs that I ever joined

My sisters were Warrant officers when they aged out. Now, everyone knows that they, Infact were my sisters, I think that might of changed the way some senior cadets thought about me, Not in a negative way though. On a more personal note, I would like to introduce you to the newest addition to my family, Baby Cooper Franklin Kenny. Born August 24Th at 2:30 in the morning. 6 pounds 5 ounces. Welcome to the world Cooper  :) from your big brother, Me!! :salute:

Congratulations.

Have fun dealing with him ten years from now... know I'm having fun with my little brother.  ::)

Cheers,
Krisz

Back