• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Army Reserves - Annapolis Valley

Jordan J-P

Inactive
Reaction score
hey,

My name is Jordan J-P and I am new to these forums !  ;D I decided to join because I want to know a few things regarding the Army...  ???

First...

1) I'm from Kingston NS and I'm looking into joining the Army Reserves (Infantry, Land force to be more specific...) and I wanted to know If there are any units nearby Kingston... I know that Halifax has got some units but obviously thats too far for me and I'm looking into something closer to home :) BTW for those who don't know wher Kingston is located, Kingston in near 14 wing Greenwood... Any help would be greatly appreciated !

2) When new recruiters, join the the Army Reserves, how much do they get paid?

Thnx in advance to anyone who may have information regarding these questions !~

Jordan

Thanks medic269  :) I also found this on the Land Force Atlantic Area HQ site (see attached file) I then noticed that Middelton is the closest unit near Kingston (Middleton is about 15 minutes south of Kingston NS)  :eek: But I can't seem to find any phone number or address for that unit... :( I even phoned the Town Hall and they told me that they don't know of the phone number they only gave me the address... So basically I'm just looking for the phone number so that I can call them about recruiting.

Thanks again for all your help !

Jordan

The unit in Middleton is a platoon of the West Nova Scotia Regiment.  You should contact the recruiter for the WNSR in Aldershot - (902) 678-7930 ext. 2101

ext 2121 ...not 2101. But if you call Camp Aldershot you should be able to figure it out...or check out www.wnsr.ca

Hi, i want to join WNSR but for some reason they wont return my phone calls or my email? Can anyone out there give me a hand or inform me of another way of going about this? Sorry if this sounds dumb but its pretty hard for me to join when i cant get a hold of anyone at the base or get my email responded too.

Thanks! Steve :salute:

steveyb4342,You could try stoping by one of the units close to your home on Thursday night and ask for an application.

Does anyone have directions to the Aldershot base? I would be coming from Chester, on the New Ross road.

Thanks Steve

Take the New Ross Road all the way to Kentville turn left onto the main drag.  Turn right at the Cornwallis Hotel, past the Courthouse and over the bridge.  Follow the road to the Lanzy Road (just after the Esso Station) and turn left.  Go down the road for about 5 minutes (if that) and you will see the Main Gate.  The Commisionaires at the gate can give you directions to the West Novie Drill Hall.  Point to note ensure that you have both you insurance and registration in the car other wise you'll be parking your car at the main gate and walking down.

thanks! I will do my best to be there this Thursday.

Steve

If you PM me your contact info I will personally ensure that the Recruiting NCO gets in touch with you.  I suspect he'll want you to come to Aldershot this Thur.  Here is a link to a map of North Kentville.  Aldershot is the upper left. http://www.county.kings.ns.ca/comdev/Roadmaps/maps/NorthKentvilleStreets.pdf

All this talk of Aldershot has brought back a few sandy memories. I was in PlFus and 723 Comm from 82-84 and spent a few weekends there. The marching song 'Hi Ho Captain Jack" (or something to that effect) comes to mind. Of course there was a get together at the jnr ranks mess one Saturday night that remains a black hole.....

Thanks for your help everyone! Hope i can get in!

Steve

Back