• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The best extracurriculars to impress recruiters?

ChushiGangdruk

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, title, what are the best things on an application that can impress recruiters?

Currently I'm extremely interested in the ROTP program and the RMCC, however, my extracurriculars are quite weak. I've joined Cadets this year (14), been a performer essentially since birth for my cultural association, and have served on student council for three years. I was told on the RMC category that currently I'm on the right track, however, I want to expand these extracurriculars.

What should I do, and what are, again, the best extracurriculars to get into to beef up my future application?

Hey there,

I was admitted into ROTP this year and the loads of information on this site is all very informative, as well as correct. To summarize though, just try to volunteer around your community and become more involved. Another way to better your application is through demonstrating leadership roles, be they in any club/society, sport, or part-time job: you can never have too many of these. Speaking of sports, you will want to maintain a good level of fitness as well. I highly recommend searching old threads as many have gone into specifics on their applications and will provide you with more answers.

Best of luck to you in the future.

Lumo2000 said:
Hey there,

I was admitted into ROTP this year and the loads of information on this site is all very informative, as well as correct. To summarize though, just try to volunteer around your community and become more involved. Another way to better your application is through demonstrating leadership roles, be they in any club/society, sport, or part-time job: you can never have too many of these. Speaking of sports, you will want to maintain a good level of fitness as well. I highly recommend searching old threads as many have gone into specifics on their applications and will provide you with more answers.

Best of luck to you in the future.

Thanks a lot for the good advice :D however what are some specific things I can do? Would it be wise to start sports like Fencing and Rowing (I'm planning on starting these soon)? Or are things like team sports better? Cadets? Part-time job I plan on getting soon as well. Would it also be more impressive to volunteer for my city? Getting an award like the D of E? What did you put down that got you in? I'd appreciate any info I can get!

Back