• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The choice for GOV GEN.

Not much anonymity if you spill the beans, the Nov 04 list only has 45 names on it:

http://www.gg.ca/media/doc.asp?lang=e&DocID=4319

All the naus about profiles has been split off. This thread is about the choice of th GG. Let's keep it there.

I'm sorry but i couldn't contain myself on this subject and in response to bug guys statement that she was supportive of the military, i have my doubts. I have alot of friends who have done ceremonial guard for many years now and have heard some statements made by clarkson that would lead me to believe Bug Guys was false. Clarkson was heard saying in front of two Guards at her house that she did not want "those guys" but her "other guys"(RCMP). Also she has forbid the wearing of forge caps which are the standard headdress for the Governor Generals Footguards because they remind her too much of the headdress worn by the Germans(or Nazis, which many people who are historically challenged called all the germans in WW2). To finalize, the Governor General is supposed to attend the annual Christmas Dinner with her own unit (GGFG for those who don't know) and she did not attend. Supportive of the military in my opinion not so much.

DannyBoy said:
To finalize, the Governor General is supposed to attend the annual Christmas Dinner with her own unit (GGFG for those who don't know) and she did not attend. Supportive of the military in my opinion not so much.

I'm not even going to address the initial couple of ALLEGED complaints. As to the one above, I guess you think it's more important that she come to your dinner than visit the troops overseas. FYI, she normally spent Xmas and NewYears with the troops on deployment. That's supporting the military, not your poncy dinner. That post of yours was the epitomy of the most useless, ill informed, spoiled child whine I've heard in a long time.

DannyBoy,

Loose lips sink ships, if the boys can't be trusted to keep their mouths shut, perhaps she was right about her observation concerning protection.  I find it poor judgement when someone professes their conclusions based on what their friends tell them and not what they witness.  Now you expect us to judge our GG (who you refer to as "Clarkson") based on what your friend with loose lips says. 

Do you have proof of a link between GGFG forage caps, the Nazis and the GG - or is that something else that one of your pals told you. 

Welcome aboard Danny Boy, you got some 'splaining to do.

Based on what my friends told me, yes and i stand firm by what i said because i am also a member of the Footguards and CG and if my friends just came off a house shift, and told us what they had heard then I'm pretty sure id believe them considering they just heard it .The forge cap topic was her telling the unit we are not to wear them in her presence or her house or the function she is attending.Also everyone is entitled to their own opinions i wrote my opinion on the forum, thats what its for.

So you still stand by your statement that she should attend your Xmas dinner instead of visiting the troops on deployment?

Obviously the troops overseas are more important, but considering the Xmas dinners is weeks in advance of actual Christmas, and i doubt that she would spend a little more then 2 weeks overseas I'm pretty sure she could fit it in her schedule.

Guess you figure she just sits around the house in her slippers, reading the paper all the time.

Is it only me or is HM gritting her teeth at the latest indignity inflicted upon the institution of the monarchy by the senior dominion?

Keep smiling through, Ma'am; Canada will, soon enough, dispense with a remote, foreign sovereign - however dutiful and dignified, and you and your throne will be free to get on with things British.

(Photo courtesy Globe and Mail at: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050907.wxqueen07/BNStory/National/ )

Her smile does seem alittle "forced" poor woman.
Vive la Quebec!, Vive la Rene Levesque! Vive la Radio Canada! We finally got one over on you English Pig Dogs!

that has to suck if your the queen always forced to smile, has to be the perfect role model for the country.

Jumper said:
Her smile does seem alittle "forced" poor woman.

You've never taken a bad photo?  Rush to villainize the new GG all you want; I agree she is less than an inspired choice, but don't do the Rush Limbaugh thing and pull conclusions out of thin air based on out-of-context visuals.  That's just embarrassing.

Michael Dorosh said:
You've never taken a bad photo?   Rush to villainize the new GG all you want; I agree she is less than an inspired choice, but don't do the Rush Limbaugh thing and pull conclusions out of thin air based on out-of-context visuals.   That's just embarrassing.

You sound like all those "liberals" that control the media. How dare you sir! Mere mortals and the great unwashed masses may "take a bad picture" but Her Majesty?! Never! I believe just before the picture was taken she found out that the GG is also a citizen of France. Nelson and Wellington are spinning in their graves. (Don't worry I think she'll be a good GG)

Back