• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Dark Years of the CF

Sadly, our Air Defence was in better shape then than it is now.... at least they had a system

TN said:
Nothing new... Just saying...  ;D

Nothing in both parts of this video is essentially wrong. The issues identified were a fact at the time.

Ah, the Trudeau years I came in the end times there... :'(  How I don't miss them, or the baby Trudeau Chretien years.  The Lieberals, not worth a damn since the 50's.

I thought it was a new book by the former PM Chretien. :camo:

tomahawk6 said:
I thought it was a new book by the former PM Chretien. :camo:

And we are going to see not necessarily dark days, but the weather on the horizon is.....grey and unsettled IMO.

The "dark times" are coming.  40 + soldiers on release in the next couple of months from Shilo.  Reminds me of my youth when entire Battleschool platoons would clear in and then clear out 3 years later. 

Hearing lots of muttering in the Fleet.  Know of two releases already in the past week or so.  More to come too.

The releases in malcontent can't surprise anybody. The CF preaches "taking care of our own" and "taking care of our families". The documents and ideology is there but more and more I see those values being ignored.

Poor medical care of wounded troops: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/story/2012/05/07/mb-soldier-mental-health-stoesz.html

Cuts to mental health svcs:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/05/03/pol-military-mental-health.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/04/16/pei-last-post-fund-cuts-584.html

Paying more into pension to get less. Losing a leg and getting less over your life than a guy who rolled his ankle in Germany under the old charter.

Working 25 yrs for a pension instead of 20.

Thats just a few that comes to mind.

There's cuts everywhere, for everybody, welcome to 2012.

Everywhere wasn't losing limbs and fighting on behalf their country for the past 10 years.

Anyone notice the complete lack of CADPAT backdrops for government announcements in the past little while?

fraserdw said:
Anyone notice the complete lack of CADPAT backdrops for government announcements in the past little while?

Your point being?

Lardofthedance said:
    The releases in malcontent can't surprise anybody. The CF preaches "taking care of our own" and "taking care of our families". The documents and ideology is there but more and more I see those values being ignored.

I don't know of any organization that takes better care of its' members than the CF.....are there shortcomings, yes....but on reflection, no where near as bad as a lot of other organizations. Put things into perspective, not just your molehill....

PPCLI Guy said:
Your point being?

My point being that we are heading for the next "dark years" as we are no longer "politically sexy".  In politics, once they no longer see you as a political points multiplier, you move to a position where you are no longer a backdrop, then next is usually big cut in the budget and a "make due with what you got" attitude toward your needs.

Back