• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Dark Years of the CF

fraserdw said:
My point being that we are heading for the next "dark years" as we are no longer "politically sexy".  In politics, once they no longer see you as a political points multiplier, you move to a position where you are no longer a backdrop, then next is usually big cut in the budget and a "make due with what you got" attitude toward your needs.

Hmm.  Since 05 we went from a baseline of $13B-ish to $21B.  We are a combat-hardened force who has made a deep and lasting (for Canada) connection to the people we serve.  We have great kit, the respect of our Allies, and a new found sense of purpose.

Sure sounds dark to me.

PPCLI Guy said:
Hmm.  Since 05 we went from a baseline of $13B-ish to $21B.  We are a combat-hardened force who has made a deep and lasting (for Canada) connection to the people we serve.  We have great kit, the respect of our Allies, and a new found sense of purpose.

Sure sounds dark to me.

In a Darth Vader sort of way ;D

Rhodesian said:
The "dark times" are coming.  40 + soldiers on release in the next couple of months from Shilo.  Reminds me of my youth when entire Battleschool platoons would clear in and then clear out 3 years later.

And not only that, but we're not getting the guys to replace them in the battalion. I don't know if it's just a 2nd Battalion/Shilo thing or if it's CF wide, but it's troubling when we're getting in far less than are going out.

Unfortunately because your trade is overborne at other units, you won't get the people in to replace them until they come back down below PML.

Back