• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Elgins in Waterloo?

I was thinking of going reg, then a friend told me to go res first, (he is in the RCD) so I will be applying for 043 reserve, specifically 31 CER, if I ever get around to my app.

I have a friend who is doing his trg. right now, for 31 CER. Hope to see you all soon.

PS. would it be possible for me to drop by the new centre to tajke a look see, and to get some Qs answered? and, if so, when would be a good time?

Edit: Sorry about the mixup, thought I would take a stab at it.

tsweeney said:
I am a former engineering officer from the 3rd FER in Montreal and I am planning on re-upping in the Waterloo 48th Field Engineering Squadron, which will fall under the 31st CER in St. Thomas.   They have secured a building in Waterloo, signing the lease three days before the freeze (thanks be), and they are gearing up in a hurry.   I would encourage one and all in the Waterloo area to contact the Elgin's recruiting office in St Thomas to get more details at (519) 631-3316.   I hope to see you there.

I was suprised to see how things have changed.   I'll need to repeat most of my training (I don't mind), but I found out that Troop Commander qualification (i.e. full Lieutenant), which once was 33 weeks over 3 summers now takes only 14 in 1 or 2 summers.   Yikes.   I also hear that reserve engineers no longer do bridging.   That was also a shock.   It's a new world...

When were you 3 Field?. I was there 88-89

Totally interested in joining the Reserves in Waterloo.
I turn 18 in December, it's also when I can sign up to be an Auxiliary Police.
I am not sure which one I want to do, any suggestions?

Is Jeff Bendell still RSSing with the Elgineers?  If he is, someone tell him Kat sez hey...thanx

Chimo, Kat

Spr.Earl said:
I would not be surprised!
The Army of the East alway's get's what it whant's to the detriment of the West! :mad:

Am I bitter? Yes I am I have seen this for years! :mad:

Earl,

While maybe not in the same league, I would see the new CMTC in Wainwright as a huge perk for the west.
They've co-opted most of the equipment from the rest of the army. They're getting some of the most highly trained personnel in the army. A stand alone enemy force with their own vehs and doctrine. A huge cadre of Observer /Controllers (the centre of excellence for them BTW). They have a huge budget. State of the art electronic (WES) systems, new buildings (including quarters and messes). Man, I could go on... and close enough for most of the western units to use on a whim (with all the proper paperwork of course).

We've got that shytehole Meaford, with no support.

So I guess ya gotta take some and ya gotta give some.

Ya the 31 CER has come to waterloo, the facility is still being built, but is coming along. I just got in not too long ago, haven't gone on FTX's but its pretty interesting and should be a good time, I start on course in the new year...

I think 31 CER was my company CSM's regiment. Does anyone know MWO Donaldson (he might be RSM because he carried a black pace stick, but was a MWO at Blackdown)?

CWO Donaldson   was the RSM at 31 CER when it rerolled from Armd Recce.   I'm not sure if he is still in that position.

I did engineering at Waterloo, actually.  I was not in the military at that time, but was considering trying to get them to do an ROTP agreement with Waterloo for me.
I looked into the co-op situation.  For your summers spent doing engineering training (your MOC course), you could very likely convince the co-op people to give you work-term credit for it.  Also, it IS possible to shuffle your co-op terms around with your school terms, as long as you get all the necessary co-op and academic credits.  You just have to come up with a detailed plan, get support for it from your department chair, and then push for it (and don't give up until the co-op people concede).  If you go in there asking for their general philosophy on making exceptions, they'll give you the run-around.  If you go in with a detailed plan, you'll get much further with them.

Hi does anyone know the phone number for the waterloo location? I recently enrolled in a high school coop program and i am to go to parade night buy i dont knwo what equipment to bring....i have it all at my house but havnt been shown how to use it and stuff. any ways quick response would be EXTREMELY helpful. thnakx guyz!  :salute: :cdn: :salute:

Oaky, I'm one of the other recruits there too, heres what you wear, your combats, those funny looking things with digital squares, wear thos shirt and pants, green tee shirt, long jhons bring pen and paper, wear your beret with cap brass and Bring you tac. Vest if you have it and also wear your 3 seasons jacket :cdn:

HI
I'm Pte Stewart and i'm Currently part of 31 CER in Waterloo. Yes there is a elgin unit in waterloo and yes we are always looking for new recruits!!!!!!
Join Us!!!!!!

CHIMO!!!! :cdn: :warstory: :salute:

If any of you know MWO Grant ; tell him E39G says hi from Kabul.  :gunner:

I'm with the St-Thomas regiment. CWO Donaldson left us this year and Master corporal Bendell is still in the regiment.

Back