• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Fifth Generation Air Force

Has anyone heard more about Trump redesigning the F-35 with 2 engines?

Thankfully, he doesn't have the same ability to interfere on this, as he did on the aircraft carrier and next gen destroyer.
 

Target drones seem to be converted into tactical drones fairly regularly.
 
Most folks don't seem to recall that back in the 1980s, when cruise missiles were a new concept, Trudeau - the first of that name - entered into an agreement with the US to allow testing them in Canada.

:cool:
 
Most folks don't seem to recall that back in the 1980s, when cruise missiles were a new concept, Trudeau - the first of that name - entered into an agreement with the US to allow testing them in Canada.

:cool:

Oh I remember. The peaceniks at the time also had undue influence at the time and there were big protests that make modern protests in North America look like a community walk.
 
Oh I remember. The peaceniks at the time also had undue influence at the time and there were big protests that make modern protests in North America look like a community walk.
That was peak anti-nuke campaign time across the west. Massive protests in Europe against cruise and Pershing and back here against cruise testing. A lot of very naive stuff, like the City of Ottawa vote on declaring the city a nuclear free zone in 1982, championed by then mayor Marion Dewar. I'm hearing 99 Luftballons even as I type. I seem to recall that post the collapse of the USSR there was a fair bit of evidence that Soviet funds were finding there way into some of these campaigns.
 
That was peak anti-nuke campaign time across the west. Massive protests in Europe against cruise and Pershing and back here against cruise testing. A lot of very naive stuff, like the City of Ottawa vote on declaring the city a nuclear free zone in 1982, championed by then mayor Marion Dewar. I'm hearing 99 Luftballons even as I type. I seem to recall that post the collapse of the USSR there was a fair bit of evidence that Soviet funds were finding there way into some of these campaigns.

Some? Some?

Most would be more appropriate. From the "Veterans for Peace" in Canada, the UK and the US, with their white berets at Remembrance days, to the "Better Red Than Dead" European movements, through just about every "peace-nicks" of the time, the major funding was coming from the International Peace Institute, in Helsinki, which was an elaborate front for the KGB directorate charged with the undermining of the NATO alliance.
 
Back
Top