• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Future of Dynamic Warfare with Erik Prince

ArmyRick

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
4,261
Points
1,160
Mods, if its a duplicate, please remove. This is really worth listening to and thinking about. Erik Prince discusses past military failures and successes and how to apply that to the future of warfare.

Definitely some valid points brought up.

 
Mods, if its a duplicate, please remove. This is really worth listening to and thinking about. Erik Prince discusses past military failures and successes and how to apply that to the future of warfare.

Definitely some valid points brought up.


I watched alot of that and it came across as a sycophantic academic fawning over an Ex-SEAL, now PMC lead.

It also made me wonder if we'll see old Erik working somewhere in the Trump Administration at some point.

I did, however, appreciate the Churchill quotes ;)
 
I watched alot of that and it came across as a sycophantic academic fawning over an Ex-SEAL, now PMC lead.

It also made me wonder if we'll see old Erik working somewhere in the Trump Administration at some point.

I did, however, appreciate the Churchill quotes ;)
The more I learn about Winston Churchill, the more surprising he turns out to be. You can hear Erik talk about his open defiance in his early years which would pay off as he was very defiant against the Nazis in the early days of the war (when many in British parliament wanted to appease Hitler)
 

Well, Erik Prince's group got pieced up in the Congo. EX UFC fighter and Former Green Beret Tim Kennedy among the casualties and an Ex NZSAS soldier was also killed.

The rumint is that Rwandan Forces tracked a drone they were using and ambushed them. The Rwandan's are highly skilled and disciplined fighters.
Even with loaded dice, roll ‘em enough times and eventually every number’s gonna come up…
 
It looks confusing...


Congo War Security Review​

An in-depth review of activity related to the war in the eastern DRC between M23 and its Rwandan backers and pro-Congolese government forces every week. Map shapefiles are available by request via email at [email protected].​


Key Takeaway: DRC President Félix Tshisekedi’s special envoy undertook a regional tour to rally support for the DRC’s plan to demobilize the Forces démocratiques de libération du Rwanda (FDLR). Three of the African Union mediators for the DRC peace process visited Goma and Kigali to meet with regional stakeholders. Pro-Congolese government forces retook Remeka town and claimed control of other areas in southern Masisi district in North Kivu as significant fighting continued into early October. The US-backed Ruzizi hydropower plant project is reportedly back in limbo after a Chinese firm withdrew from the project’s consortium.

 

Well, Erik Prince's group got pieced up in the Congo. EX UFC fighter and Former Green Beret Tim Kennedy among the casualties and an Ex NZSAS soldier was also killed.

The rumint is that Rwandan Forces tracked a drone they were using and ambushed them. The Rwandan's are highly skilled and disciplined fighters.

Saw some videos on X of Mercs being led away by local militia.

Not a position I would want to find myself in.
 
Saw some videos on X of Mercs being led away by local militia.

Not a position I would want to find myself in.
Was it a video of a bunch of mostly white dudes walking down an urban street, kinda getting waved along by armed locals? I saw a video like that and I think it’s from a surrender of ~300 mostly Romanian mercs in Goma last year. I haven’t seen video purporting to be prisoners from the ambush the other day; doesn’t sound like any were captured. I could easily be wrong though.
 
Was it a video of a bunch of mostly white dudes walking down an urban street, kinda getting waved along by armed locals? I saw a video like that and I think it’s from a surrender of ~300 mostly Romanian mercs in Goma last year. I haven’t seen video purporting to be prisoners from the ambush the other day; doesn’t sound like any were captured. I could easily be wrong though.

Yup sounds like the same one.
 
Saw some videos on X of Mercs being led away by local militia.

Not a position I would want to find myself in.

I think they were surrendering to U.N. troops. They’re lucky, in that. I don’t imagine a surrender to M23 would go great.

This happened last year, Romanian mercenaries hired by the Govt of Congo:


They hid at the UN base after their position had been overrun.
 
Back
Top