• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Gagetown Thread- Merged

Don't forget the awesome Sunday buffets at the Diplomat Restaurant!!

No way Moe!  I got food poisoning from their muscles!

:'( (we need a yakking smily here)

tree hugger said:
No way Moe!  I got food poisoning from their muscles!

:'( (we need a yakking smily here)

This was the least graphic I could find:
4.gif

Besides, if you were eating their muscles, you would be sick!!  Try the mussels;)

Actually, I used to stick to the big bowl of shell-on shrimp!!

Haha!  I spelled the wrong word right though - you got to give me that!

Perfect smily!  Thanks!

First off...
tree hugger said:
Snooty Fox (order the blueberry beer)
Don't fruit the beer, man law. Even as a part time farmer of berries that happen to be blue I scoff at the notion of them in my brew. ;D

Ah Freddy. Alot better now with the new highways in place. Saint John is, what, an hour away with a QMJHL team (watch the highway after dark, I clocked a bear by Vimy Range!)

Ahhh, Sweetwaters...

Scott said:
First off...Don't fruit the beer, man law. Even as a part time farmer of berries that happen to be blue I scoff at the notion of them in my brew. ;D

Ah Freddy. Alot better now with the new highways in place. Saint John is, what, an hour away with a QMJHL team (watch the highway after dark, I clocked a bear by Vimy Range!)

Ahhh, Sweetwaters...

I'm a chick so I'm allowed to fruitify my beer!

Also watch out for the meese on the highway - o wow!

I also have many fond/blurry memories of sweets!

Actually three Tim's in Oromoscow now: the two mentioned plus a mini Tims in the mall.

If you need to buy a house, check this gem out:
http://www.mls.ca/PropertyDetails.aspx?PropertyID=5828950

*HINT HINT*

Info about oromoscow?

Housing anywhere within a 30 min range of the base is on the rise, as that area is obviously in high demand,

Concerning living within oromocto, I would say lockup any and all property. Basically anything that can be picked up and carried off will be.
When I lived on rutledge street across from ridgeview middle school, we had alot of problems with that. There were always teenagers around the paths at night, and serveral times my father chased off people trying to steal from the backyard, not even the garbage bins were safe.  If being able to choose a place, live on the far west of the town. Away from the mall and surrounding area.
There is a problem with drugs and theft in that area.

All problems are minor though and can be expected anywhere you go. It is a nice place and offers lots of recreaction (base gym, outdoor track by middle school, walking trails, sports teams for all seasons for the kids, skating at the rink, etc). The schools are alright (i went through them).  And just about everything you need is within a 5 minute drive. It would be wise to shop in freddy on payday as the grocery stores in oromocto are pretty much empty of stock on those days.  For good places to eat, hit up greco best pizza and donairs there, also i'm a fan of the hilltop for a nice night out.

and o yes there is lots of lakes and camping spots in the surrounding region. A drive out to little or oromocto lake is a good place.

Hope you enjoy gagetown!

CFHA Oromocto: http://www.cfha-alfc.forces.gc.ca/locations/gagetown_gi_e.asp

Royal Lepage Gardiner: http://www.royallepage.ca/gardiner

AND

Free internet connection: many wireless hotspots throughout Freddy (Fred E-Zone www.fred-ezone.com) AND the Sour Grape on Restigouche, nice café with wireless connection.

West Oromocto is building up now. I wanted to build there once. It is across the highway near the RCMP station area. And yes they have 3 Timmies and a lot of roundabouts. 

Regards,
TN2IC

tree hugger said:
Well, in Oromocto
- 2 timmies, and a nice independent coffee shop accross from timmies on restagouche (sp.)

Wrong there are 3 timmies  ;D (Gateway, Oromocto mall, and Restagouche)

Well I guess I should of read the whole thread before posting this but what can you do.

As for housing, with the troops back, houses are selling fast; I have hired from a number of people who have sold there houses in under 18 hours on the market.

NL_engineer said:

Rather redundant.  ;)

Captain Sensible said:
Actually three Tim's in Oromoscow now: the two mentioned plus a mini Tims in the mall.If you need to buy a house, check this gem out:
http://www.mls.ca/PropertyDetails.aspx?PropertyID=5828950

*HINT HINT*

NL_engineer said:
I seen that when I read through the whole thing, just jumped the gun as usual  ;D

That's OK.  Just another chance to give Capt Sensible's property out on the Enniskillen another plug.  ;D

Route 101 through Hoyt, eh?

I think I lost something in Hoyt once... ;D

Oromocto's actually a really nice spot, I found. I'll second the Snooty Fox in Fred. And...hehe...sweetwaters.

Sig_Des said:
Route 101 through Hoyt, eh?

I think I lost something in Hoyt once... ;D

I think he calls it "Regent Street South"  in the "Welsford North Sub Division".    ;D

NL_engineer said:

Glad you pointed that out!! I'm the Timmies expert ... they've had 3 of them for 3 years now.

To the thread originator:

Want details on which one to hit at which time?? Send PM ... it can be complicated!!  ;)

ArmyVern said:
Glad you pointed that out!! I'm the Timmies expert ... they've had 3 of them for 3 years now.

To the thread originator:

Want details on which one to hit at which time?? Send PM ... it can be complicated!!  ;)

Easy:

Don't go to Restagouche, as the coffee never tastes right

The mall is good, but almost always has a line up

Gateway is good, but the staff can be really slow (common occurrence)

New Brunswick military base stages welcome home ceremony for soldiers
Fri Oct 12 02:05:04 CDT 2007 THE CANADIAN PRESS
Article Link

OROMOCTO, N.B. - More than 650 Canadian soldiers who served in Afghanistan will get an official welcome home Friday at Canadian Forces Base Gagetown in New Brunswick.
Many of the soldiers have been home for more than two months, but officials at the base and the local communities decided they wanted to do more for their local heroes. Defence Minister Peter MacKay and Lt.-Gen. Andrew Leslie, the chief of the land staff, will present medals to the soldiers during a ceremony Friday morning.

The Second Battalion, The Royal Canadian Regiment Group will also be honoured with the General Campaign Star.

The Gagetown soldiers were among nearly 2,500 Canadian troops that completed a six-month deployment to Afghanistan in August.
More on link

Back