• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

It's been fascinating to watch the Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security (SECU) hearings on illegal guns, gun smuggling and gang violence. The statements today (Feb 08) of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, Toronto and Edmonton Police Services all completely undermine and destroy the Liberal's assertions that domestic guns are the major threat to Canadian safety.

Media and government figures from 2018 showed that only about half of all crime guns are successfully traced. The Deputy Chief of the TPS stated that of those that are successfully traced, 86% were sourced from the US.

It's been fascinating to watch the Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security (SECU) hearings on illegal guns, gun smuggling and gang violence. The statements today (Feb 08) of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, Toronto and Edmonton Police Services all completely undermine and destroy the Liberal's assertions that domestic guns are the major threat to Canadian safety.

Media and government figures from 2018 showed that only about half of all crime guns are successfully traced. The Deputy Chief of the TPS stated that of those that are successfully traced, 86% were sourced from the US.

None of this matters to the shivering quivering liberals. Guns are bad*.

*Unless they are used to quell dissenting thoughts, movements, individuals or groups that's do not align with the Liberal Party of Canada.

is there a link to it, can't find anything on their website?

What's the latest rumours about the gun buyback/confiscation?
Depends on who you ask. There are 81 days until the amnesty expires and no apparent plans on the execution of the Compensated Confiscation (TM) scheme or to rescind the OIC or extend the amnesty.

Depends on who you ask. There are 81 days until the amnesty expires and no apparent plans on the execution of the Compensated Confiscation (TM) scheme or to rescind the OIC or extend the amnesty.

So what happens when that 81 days expires ?

So if I have a rifle that's no longer welcome what should I be doing in the next 81 days ?

So if I have a rifle that's no longer welcome what should I be doing in the next 81 days ?
Your thoughtcrime will have been detected by the Ministry of Love, and your agent will be on their way to seize you and your firearm to be introduced to Room 101.

Last edited:
My suggestion is to clean it and practice your manual of arms in the event the OIC is overturned in court. ACTS and PROVE first, of course.

My suggestion is to clean it and practice your manual of arms in the event the OIC is overturned in court. ACTS and PROVE first, of course.

I appreciate it. The OIC came out and I was deployed and I've been very confused about what I'm a supposed to do.

Should the OIC stand I can apply to keep her as a safe queen eh ?

I appreciate it. The OIC came out and I was deployed and I've been very confused about what I'm a supposed to do.

Should the OIC stand I can apply to keep her as a safe queen eh ?
Maybe.

Based on the original wording of the OIC, yes, you could have kept it as a safe queen until you died at which time it would have to be turned in for destruction. Then came Bill C-21, which amplified how the newly prohibited "assault-style" weapons would be disposed of. You could surrender it for (possible eventual) compensation or you would be allowed to retain it as a wall-hanger/display piece following a permanent deactivation paid for by the GoC.

Because Bill C-21 died on the order paper when the writ was dropped, only the Liberals know what the plan is/may be now and how much it will cost. There are still court challenges to the OIC but they won't reach finality before the amnesty expires.

The usual suspects are calling for the GoC to begin confiscation and destruction as quickly as possible after may 01, 2022 to ensure as many prohibs as possible are out of circulation before another election so a new government cannot reverse the ban.

Yesterday's SECU hearing was interesting. One of the witnesses was Marcell Wilson, founder of the One by One Movement in Toronto which aims to divert youth from the gang lifestyle. He is a reformed gang-banger, a self described former violent criminal and recognized expert on gang culture. In committee, he stated that "gun control should always be synonymous with illegal gun crime and illegal gun trafficking".

He was followed by Polsesouvient and the Coalition for Gun Control who spoke ONLY on the need to crack down on legal guns and owners, not gangs and illegal guns, the actual topic of the hearing.

When it was all over, Polsesouvient tweeted this. Despite all the good that One X One has done, this proof positive that if you don't toe the Liberal funded anti-gun line, you will be vilified.

Attachments

• 274224964_10228475708063659_7453664715306371738_n.jpg
    274224964_10228475708063659_7453664715306371738_n.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 30
Back