• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"The Last Ship" tv series depicts USN AEGIS destroyer fighting global pandemic

Spoilers below this line:

------------------

A USN VBSS team captures a Chinese Luyang III/ Type 52D destroyer all by themselves? And turns its missiles against another Chinese DDG? seriously???

Wouldn't a modern destroyer's crew normally be around 200 and thus hard to overpower?

The unfolding coup and splitting up of the US into 4-5 regional states with their own militaries reminds me a lot of the "Jericho" TV series from a few years ago.

S.M.A. said:
Spoilers below this line:

------------------

A USN VBSS team captures a Chinese Luyang III/ Type 52D destroyer all by themselves? And turns its missiles against another Chinese DDG? seriously???

Wouldn't a modern destroyer's crew normally be around 200 and thus hard to overpower?

The unfolding coup and splitting up of the US into 4-5 regional states with their own militaries reminds me a lot of the "Jericho" TV series from a few years ago.

The splitting of the US into regional states seems to be a common theme in US prepper literature.  So not unexpected in this show.  The common split is Republic of Texas (Texas seems to survive everything), the NorthWest becomes a republic, the natives take over the Midwest, The Blacks take over the South, and the Northeast becomes a Communist hell hole of penal colonies and rape gangs.  Pretty standard stuff.  When you deal with survivalist literature and TV, you need to make assumptions and suspend belief.  Lets say reduced crew and not all fully trained military on aboard. 

I just found out  "The Last Ship" was renewed for Season 4, according this article on the show.

WTF? Just how much more can they stretch this story?!!!

Episode 13 (Don't Look Back) will air on Sept 11 which will be the last episode of the current season.

Tonight will be Episode 12 (Resistance).

Back